Any chance I can get grain to keg on 7days???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdude76

Reaction score
I have been homebrewing over 20 years... I got plenty of ingredients and lots of equipment.
Can I pull off a beer on tap by Thanksgiving?

"Hazy Pale Ale"
Big yeast stater
Lots of late addition whirlpool hops.
I can carb a beer over night...
Carb stones and stuff.

Thoughts?

There is a guy on Youtube, want to say Apartment Brewer or something like that. I think he did a grain to glass in a week. There is also an English guy, don't remember his name, but he has done it as well.

Oh, I agree it can be done, I just have never done that fast myself.

Right now I am reminded that I need to get my x-mass ale started this week if it will be ready for Christmas. It can be ready sooner, but it gets better about 2 weeks or so after kegging.

You could have some beer made by then, if all goes well. Most likely it will not be nearly as good as it would be if process were not rushed. If it were me, I'd try to make a couple of good brews for around christmas & new year holidays. Buy a case of you local favorite for thanksgiving.

I have been homebrewing over 20 years... I got plenty of ingredients and lots of equipment.
Can I pull off a beer on tap by Thanksgiving?

"Hazy Pale Ale"
Big yeast stater
Lots of late addition whirlpool hops.
I can carb a beer over night...
Carb stones and stuff.

Thoughts?
Do a pressure ferment & it will definitely be done.

There is a guy on Youtube, want to say Apartment Brewer or something like that. I think he did a grain to glass in a week. There is also an English guy, don't remember his name, but he has done it as well.

Yep. The Apartment Brewer is one. The English dude you're thinking of is probably David Heath Homebrew. Both used Kveik yeast in their videos.

There's an old BrewingTV video where Dawson does a super low gravity brew for a quick turnaround (8 days). The episode is "Boat Bitter" and if low OGs are ok, OP should check that one out as well. This was in the days before kveik was a buzz word.

Lallemand Verdant. Lots of hops. Floating dip tube. Spund if you can. It might not be quite as good at 7 days as 14-21, but it can certainly be very tasty.

I kegged a heavy wheaty ale after 4 days. Lallemand Abbaye at 68. It's magnificent. Just don't use a yeast that is known to take a long time.

I think people can be too rigid about beer. Some people refuse to drink anything that hasn't had time to rest and stabilize. My experience is that a lot of beers taste great when they're very young and then taste great, but different, later on. I believe that with such beers, you should drink them both early and late, so you don't miss anything.

But that's me. I do my own thing. For example, I serve everything at 35 because I like them all cold, and they warm up in the glass, so when heat brings more flavors out, I get to enjoy that, too.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Lallemand Verdant. Lots of hops. Floating dip tube. Spund if you can. It might not be quite as good at 7 days as 14-21, but it can certainly be very tasty.
^^^^this, so much this
1 drop clearzyme per liter and keep the OG under ten 45

Shake the fermenter to keep the poundcake kräusen from forming so the yeast stays on the chew.

Latest posts

Back