Elusive wheat beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidcr80

Reaction score
why does it seem that it is hard to find much info on wheat beers in general. what they are classified as, recipes etc? I am trying to out together a recipe for a wheat but am struggleing.

why does it seem that it is hard to find much info on wheat beers in general. what they are classified as, recipes etc? I am trying to out together a recipe for a wheat but am struggleing.

Generally, you have "American Wheat" and "German Wheat" and that's about it for actual style guidelines.

yea I am having the same issue with this,,,nothing on wheat beer...what is it? what are some good commercial examples ?? best ways to brew it?? hops used??

yea I am having the same issue with this,,,nothing on wheat beer...what is it? what are some good commercial examples ?? best ways to brew it?? hops used??

Paulaner hefeweissen is quite a tasty example and I suppose Hoegarten is a very widely available commercial weissbier.

Have you looked through the recipe database on this forum? There is a section for wheat and rye beers with tons of recipes.

Commercial examples:

Widmer
21 A hell or high watermelon wheat
Hoegarden
Sam Addams wheat
Sierra nevada wheat
Monk's blood
I guess you could consider blue moon and shock top
Moose drool has a wheat in the summer time
Great white wheat

I have done a hefeweizen, dunkelweizen, wit and american wheat in the past. What specifically are you looking for? Each one is quite different.

David and Spam, I obviously don't know where you guys are looking, but there's tons of commercial examples of wheat beers and recipes are easy to find here and in books. Maybe the idea for wheat beer just popped in your heads right now?

I never say use the search, but since neither of you have posted a specific question, I don't see any other way to answer this thread.

Back