Element enclosures... ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBaloo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was thinking of my wish list for Christmas and was really liking the All in one Triclover elements that had a built in plug. WOW.. but then I got to thinking.. moving the keggel around to clean.. I would hate to bust up the prongs on the plug. Or if I burnt the element up.... THEN, I have to replace the whole $75 peice. Whereas, if I installed the element inside the HotPod enclosure... I would only have to replace the half that broke?.... your thoughts?

But those things look really sweet.... =)

Baloo...

I used the TC element with L6-30 from brewhardware. If you do any type of CIP or recirculation cleaning I would just leave the element in and remove the cord. If you are taking to a sink I would remove the element and replace with a TC cap. The element seems quite solid, I am not worried about anything breaking.

I used this kit, super easy install.
https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/elementkit_tcrip_wl.htm

Here's one on Amazon with a 2" TC ferrel. All you need to do is attach the cord which is very easy to do. I bought the Hot Pod from Brewers Hardware a few years ago and they've worked great. Changing the element is very east to do if you burn one out, which you will most likely do eventually.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2WI65Y/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back and forth 50 times in my mind on my latest rig build. Didn't like the home depot RTV'd junction box thing. Didn't like the salt shaker things. Hated the price of the 5 pound armored things. The distiller's thing with cut up TC plates and welded ferrules was kinda ok. Had no interest in the integrated L6-30 plug. Finally went with the armored looking thing from brewershardware. A little pricey, but they will outlast a nuclear war. Don't mess around with 1.5" for larger elements, stick with 2" TC.

https://www.brewershardware.com/2-Tri-Clover-X-1-NPS-Element-Adapter.html

I went with the stilldragon enclosure. It’s very well built.

Thanks guys, a few followups..

SoCal, that SS one from brewershardware looks sweet... have not seen that one...

ch19, looked on the stilldragon site.. couldnt find it...

baer19d, was that a ULWD element? and did you get the one wiht the ground bolt?

Like said previously.... I keep going back and forth trying to create the perfect rig right from the start... I think I just need to start spending money...

OH.. still dragon has some nice easy DIY potentiometer kits..... only $41

SoCal, that SS one from brewershardware looks sweet... have not seen that one...

It's beefy and well sealed. I used those, and a couple 5500W elements from Kal. Had my machinist buddy CNC a couple of 2" TC solder fittings with radiuses for the keggles (brew hardware has something similar). The new system has about 7 batches through it and the elements look like new.

Back