Electric Burners and Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zyx345

Reaction score
I was considering picking up a few electric burners to brew on my deck as I live in an apartment that doesn't allow gas burners. I have an aluminum brew pot (non-magnetic) so I cannot use induction.

Has anyone tried using multiple electric burners like the ones below for a 6 gallon boil?

http://www.target.com/p/kitchen-selectives-single-burner-sb1/-/A-10386198

I was concerned that I would overload the circuit by plugging 2 into one outlet. Any advice is welcome.

Is it a 15 amp circuit breaker or a 20 amp? Assuming its 15 amps, that would be 1800 watts capacity, but you, for safety, should only use 80%, which would be 1440 watts. Both 750watt burners, could exceed that. And thats assuming there is no other outlet on the circuit.

There are some people that use a heat stick to decrease boil time. If you are able to plug the primary burner into one circuit and the heat stick into another, you might get better result. Also, have you tried asking over at the electric brewing forum?

Back