• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Electric brewing components + heat shield(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pannell77

Reaction score
I just finished up building my new E-Brewing Rig and have some left over parts that I want to get rid of now. The only parts that were actually used were the 2 heat shields from when I was on a propane system. They function just fine, but are scorched from being used over a couple years.

P.S. Don't mind the cluttered kitchen counter and crackers....pregnant/sick wife dropped those off while I was snapping photos and I didn't realize they were in the shot.

I would rather not sell each piece individually since shipping is going to be at least $5.35 for a small priority flat rate box but I will if there is something you absolutely must have.

Items:
1. 40A, 240V contactor (ebrewsupply.com) - $10
2. Heatshields (brewhardware.com) - sold
3. Panel name tags (brewhardware.com) - $1/ea
4. 120v, 15A panel mount receptacles (amazon.com) - $2/ea
5. Screw terminal strips (amazon.com) - $3/ea
6. Screw terminal jumpers (amazon.com) - $2/all
7. In-line fuse holder with 7A fuse (amazon.com) - $5
8. Mypin TA4 PID temperature controller (amazon.com) - $20
9. 2 way, 240V rated NO switch (ebrewsupply.com) - $2
10. 240V, LED indicator light (ebrewsupply.com) - $2
11. 25A SSR w/heatsink (amazon.com) - $10

Entire lot - $45 shipped to your door in a flat rate box

IMG_20141119_173631.jpg

IMG_20141119_173702.jpg

IMG_20141119_173850.jpg

IMG_20141119_174009.jpg

Interested in the heat shields, how much is shipping to 75021

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You should be receiving the transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How much for the lot now? I'm in Cleveland. Did you have experience with electric brewing prior too? I'd love to convert my keggle but not sure if I'd end up killing myself

I would still like to get $45/shipped for the lot. Pretty heavily discounted even from the individually discounted prices listed.

I had no experience with electric brewing prior, but I am an electrical engineer so I was not too worried about the safety side of things too much. I know how to read wiring diagrams, wire up components and test things properly.

It really isn't all that hard, just long and slightly complicated depending on how complex you are going to go. The diagrams that PJ has put together for just about every system out there are a huge help (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/list-pj-electrical-diagrams-382286/). I took 2 of his diagrams plus what Kal did on www.theelectricbrewery.com and made my own system the way I wanted it to operate.

I sourced materials from amazon, theelectricbrewery.com, ebrewsupply.com (Ryan is awesome over there) and was able to save lots of money rather than just buying a pre-made kit. Plus the DIY is fun.

I would still like to get $45/shipped for the lot. Pretty heavily discounted even from the individually discounted prices listed.

I had no experience with electric brewing prior, but I am an electrical engineer so I was not too worried about the safety side of things too much. I know how to read wiring diagrams, wire up components and test things properly.

It really isn't all that hard, just long and slightly complicated depending on how complex you are going to go. The diagrams that PJ has put together for just about every system out there are a huge help (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/list-pj-electrical-diagrams-382286/). I took 2 of his diagrams plus what Kal did on www.theelectricbrewery.com and made my own system the way I wanted it to operate.

I sourced materials from amazon, theelectricbrewery.com, ebrewsupply.com (Ryan is awesome over there) and was able to save lots of money rather than just buying a pre-made kit. Plus the DIY is fun.

What did the whole thing cost ya? Think you'd build up another control box? That's the only thing I'm really concerned with. The element it looks like you can get built and plug it in. I love doing projects myself but working with 220 kinda worries me ha...

Back