Edgestar KC3000 Twin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Good Day Everyone;

I have been homebrewing and bottling everything up until last father's day/birthday when the Mrs got me a two kegging set-up from Midwest Supplies, the set up came with two new kegs, regulator, gas distributor and all the lines...I have since gotten a hold of new 2.5 gallon stainless keg from cornykeg.com as well. I was looking at doing a two tap Keezer....but looking at everything I would want to do and make sure it was done correctly, and I am not all that handy. My Mrs convinced me that going with a kegerator was the better route, plus she said it could be in the house versus the garage.

So I did a ton of reading and what I hope was good research and have decided on the Edgestar KC3000 twin from kegerator.com, I had looked at beverage factory as well and at that site was the kegco 309b... I know that the edgestar comes with sanke style connections so I also got the from beverage factory the kit to turn the connections to threaded types so I can switch between sanke and my ball lock kegs....

In the future I may go with one of the kits that just puts the posts on the connectors but for the moment that's what I am looking at.

I have searched this site and haven't found a review or anyone posting any known issues with the edgestar KC3000 or Kegco 309b if anyone has any experience with this model I would appreciate any insight into it.

Thanks in advance.

I got the Edstar KC2000 about a month ago, and I love it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00655U4TG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

works great, keeps the beer very cold, no complaints really at all. There are a ton of review on amazon if you want to check them out.

Also, if you look on youtube, there are good videos on how to put it together.

If I remember right, for what its worth, I think the main difference with the KC2000 and the KC3000 is a bump up on materials of the faucets and the tower. I think the bodies are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one of these a month ago as well. Works fine. Actually gets really cold. I have koolaid on one tap for the kids and ended up freezing it.

You mentioned that you have two 5-gallon and one 2.5 gallon kegs. I've found the short 2.5 gallon keg will fit up on the bump in the back with two of those bigger kegs. So now I need to buy a 3-tap tower and upgrade it. I really want 2 different beers on tap but now that the wife and kids discovered carbonated koolaid, one tap will always be dedicated to a soft drink.

Thanks so much for the information one of the things that led me to the KC3300 was that it had the forced air fan and the digital thermometer and it was listed as being able to handle all kegs.

First post, but a long time lurker :)

If you haven't bought it yet, I would suggest buying KC3000TWIN from Overstock.com. I just pulled the trigger on it on Monday. If you sign up w/ O-stock, they'll send you 10% discount coupon which you can apply to that keg. I was in the same boat as you (KC vs KEGCO K309-2), but BevFac would not budge on the price (to be fair, they dropped the shipping rate from $125 to $99), but that is still too much. In the end, I ended up buying KC3000TWIN (being delivered tomorrow afternoon). Total price: $674 (including free shipping).

Unfortunately, I cannot speak for the quality of either unit since this is my first keg and I, too, haven't seen any reviews on either unit. The reason why I went with KC is b/c this is considered their mid-higher tier unit and has digital temp gauge. It also looks identical to K309. I am also planning to replace faucets with Perlick's 630SS, but what I don't know is if it's straight replacements (remove stock on the unit w/ Perls) or if I need to buy any additional parts (i.e., converters)? Does anyone know? Lastly, I will also buy dual primary reg (Taprite T752HP) since I'm planning to have two different brews on tap.

Hope this helps.

First post, but a long time lurker :)

If you haven't bought it yet, I would suggest buying KC3000TWIN from Overstock.com. I just pulled the trigger on it on Monday. If you sign up w/ O-stock, they'll send you 10% discount coupon which you can apply to that keg. I was in the same boat as you (KC vs KEGCO K309-2), but BevFac would not budge on the price (to be fair, they dropped the shipping rate from $125 to $99), but that is still too much. In the end, I ended up buying KC3000TWIN (being delivered tomorrow afternoon). Total price: $674 (including free shipping).

Unfortunately, I cannot speak for the quality of either unit since this is my first keg and I, too, haven't seen any reviews on either unit. The reason why I went with KC is b/c this is considered their mid-higher tier unit and has digital temp gauge. It also looks identical to K309. I am also planning to replace faucets with Perlick's 630SS, but what I don't know is if it's straight replacements (remove stock on the unit w/ Perls) or if I need to buy any additional parts (i.e., converters)? Does anyone know? Lastly, I will also buy dual primary reg (Taprite T752HP) since I'm planning to have two different brews on tap.

Hope this helps.

That is one of the things that took me to kegerator.com I got a 10 percent off coupon from them plus it comes with a co2 tank and other things as well and free shipping as well so it was actually cheaper than beverage factory...I e ded up going with the KC3000

Ok so I got the edgestar kc3000twin and it appears that there are what I would consider issues with some of the hardware screws to put the tower on they are way to long there are what appear to be bolts already under the top of the kegerator View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430528086.416812.jpg so with that and no holes on the inside of the kegerator View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430528143.220705.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430528165.358227.jpgthese screws are most certainly to long View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430528217.961756.jpgany ideas on the size of these screws I will go to lowes and get some shorter ones but I really should not have to while this may not be a 2,000 dollar kegerator I still spent my hard earned money on this and it should come with better instructions and the correct items to get it up and running quickly.

I found the instructions to be impossible.
I know this is a different model, but it should be pretty helpful. Even if the guy in the video looks like a thumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back