Easy, Quick, and Delicious?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgchad

Reaction score
I currently have two beers (a trappist and a porter) that should be ready for a gathering of friends in late March. I would like to have one more ready.

What is everyone's recommended recipe for a quick easy delicious beer that can be ready in 7 to 8 weeks?

-Extract to partial grain only please.

Thanks. Can't wait to see your thoughts!

With that time frame you should be able to get just about anything ready. I would recommend a pale ale, because it would offer a hoppy option for those who want it..to balance the belgian trappist and the roasty porter. Keep it at a low to medium gravity and whatever style you choose should be fine.

I'm not sure of your set up or brewing practices, but typically, my brews hit FG after about 2 weeks. I usually give it 1 more week just to clear up or cold crash. Then I bottle and let the bottles sit for 2 more weeks before trying one. They might need another week in bottles to really shine. But that's still about 6 weeks from brew day to glass.

If you were to brew a pale ale, you probably would have time in there to dry hop for a week before bottling.

You have plenty of time to brew a beer that will be ready.

Just pick something you like. Keep the gravity on the lower to mid size and you should be fine.

I would probably go with something like an APA or a IPA, since you have a Trappist and a Porter already.

Lots of good recipes here...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/

I made 2 experimental brews looking to see if I can have something ready within 31 days. The blonde I made was exceptional.

I'd also recommend a hoppy pale. No reason why most beers couldn't be ready in your time frame. I give most of mine 3 weeks to ferment, 3 weeks to condition, and one week chilling. These are typically 5.3-6.5% ABV.

Another good option is English bitter, along the lines of a pale ale. There are a bunch of recipes for extract or partial mash. I've had even bottled versions ready in around 20 days because of the low OG. If your processes are good, it's not impossible at all.

Back