Early heat wave trying to ruin my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinnan5150

Reaction score
It's been in the 80's the last 3 days in Chicago. I am having to crank the a/c to keep from ruining my beer. This usually isn't a problem until July. Nothing informative here....just complaining because I tried venting to the wife and she doesn't seem to understand what the big deal is.

Why not use a large tub of water chilled with regular intervals of adding ice for lower temp stability?

Do the swamp cooler thing. Bucket of water with the end of the towel in the bucket and the rest of the towel around the fermenter. Something like that just search for Swamp cooler to regulate fermentation temps.

Same heat wave tried to mess with my Belgian blonde here in Milwaukee too. I actually woke up in the middle of the night the day before the heat rolled and thought "Ohmigosh I have to keep the beer cool!!" and dragged the minifridge out of the basement.

My upstairs bottle conditoning beers upstairs are now down stairs or in the basement.Im not turning the air on just for my beer.I planned on taking a break because of temps this summer,i still have a few 5 or 6 more to brew yet.Who am i kidding im already thinking of doing a few lagers for the summer,since i have a fridge in my basement now.

Back