Dumb question of the day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmclone

Reaction score
I'm going to start brewing in the next couple of days. I'm going to be using a glass carboy in my basement. I thought it would be cool to set-up my IP camera right next to the carboy. Will the infrared lights from the camera hurt the beer?

Infrared shouldn't hurt a thing. It's ultraviolet light that causes the reaction with the hop acids.

Your camera is in reverse...

IR cameras collect IR light to make an image (as a regular camera collects visible light to make an image). The camera doesn't project any IR light.

...Actually it does, as all things warmer than absolute zero do, but it is less than a human body emits.

Also, get one of those baby monitors that new mothers use, so they can hear the baby cry from the other side of the house. You'll be able to listen to the airlock bubble.

I'm surprised they don't sell those at the brew store.

Cheers!

Also, get one of those baby monitors that new mothers use, so they can hear the baby cry from the other side of the house. You'll be able to listen to the airlock bubble.

I'm surprised they don't sell those at the brew store.

Cheers!

I had to LOL a bit on that one!

I had to LOL a bit on that one!
Hey, I know exactly what it's like. As soon as a new batch starts going, I come home from work and I'm like, "Hi honey how's it going I'll be right back", and I'm off to check the baby, I mean the brew. Then I'll watch it swirl and foam and bubble for a while.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back