Dry hopping combo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theQ

Reaction score
I have a Citra based NEIPA I made over the weekend
(10.5 gal batch done wit 2 oz of Citra at 0min and 2 oz of Citra + 2 oz of Mosaic Whirlpool 30 minutes)

Planning to split the batch in two and dry hoping it with
Citra:Centenial/Cascade 2oz:2oz one half and other half with Citra:Sorachi 2:2 or Citra:Sorachi:Centenial 2:1:1

The first combo is most likely going to be golden but never combined Sorachi with Citra anyone tried anything similar ?

Dill and citrus is what I think of when you say Citra and Sorachi.

Cascade andOr centennial would play nice in the same beer with citra and mosaic.

Just did a pale ale with citra mosaic and eldorado. It was tasty

Does it taste like Dill ? I had once a Sorachi Ace Saison, tasted really good. Maybe I should save the Sorachi for a Saison.

Many people say dill, I have never really got that. To me it's more lemon pledge.

I would think citra and centennial would be a safer bet, but ace could work in a 2:2:1 ratio of citra, centennial, ace.

I used some Sorachi back in 2014 and it definitely had a strong dill flavor/aroma at first, but aged out after a few months.

I did 2:2 Citra:Mosaic and 2:2:1 Citra:Centenial:Sorachi
Sniffing the Sorachi only there is dill in there but in the combo there isn't. I'd report back when I sample it in a week or so.

Back