Dry hop timing, refridgeration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderm

Reaction score
So my dfg 60 min ipa will have been dry hopped for seven days on Saturday. I was planning on cold crashing before bottling but I've got a small problem. My fermentation cooler is also housing a seven day old milk stout. Should I bring the milk stout out of the chamber for a few days, or just let the it chill with the ipa for a few days? I'm thinking let it chill but I'd like a second opinion.

Is the FG good to go on the stout? If not then I wouldn't chill it (a lot of the yeast may not come back). Pull it out and use the fridge for ipa.

The milk stout is 7 days old? I don't think warming it up would do it very much harm at this point. As grathan said, cooling it down could do more harm that good. If you've reached your FG, you could always just cold crash both of them, no?

Pull the stout out. The flavor profile is likely set and the increased temps may help to drop the last few gravity points.

Not much risk of off flavors in the stout at this point but if it were me, I'd watch that the temp doesn't get too high outside of the ferm chamber (>80F) bc I'm overprotective during my fermentation!

Back