Drink it before its time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxtzd3

Reaction score
So I would rather drink a warm young homebrew then a store bought beer. Is this spot on or am I doing a disjustice to my beer. What I mean is. A week in the bottle and im good. Pale ale and even my stout. Who else does this? I just find it nice and fresh. Even less carb is better. Not flat, but cask like is great. Am I nuts?

Stout will be fine. Pale ale? I find 2 weeks are necessary to get the green out.

Do what you want, but patience is the best quality a brewer can have.

But what if your really thirsty? Ya I know. Im guessing your in the sit and wait.

Lol, PIPELINE my brother!!!!!!! Pipeline.

At your "thirst" level, you probably need to brew 5 gallons once a week. at approximately month 5, you will be far enough ahead to be drinking non-green beer. ;)

So I would rather drink a warm young homebrew then a store bought beer.

Really? I mean, I know your beer is world-class and all, but you'd really drink a warm young homebrewed pale ale rather than a nice, fresh, cold and carbonated Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues? That must be some great stuff if it beats a commercial beer even when it's sub-par!

Really? I mean, I know your beer is world-class and all, but you'd really drink a warm young homebrewed pale ale rather than a nice, fresh, cold and carbonated Dale's Pale Ale from Oskar Blues? That must be some great stuff if it beats a commercial beer even when it's sub-par!

Yes. The same way I would rather eat the home cooking from my kitchen.

I agree. With temp. control., I prefer most my beers fresh off the tap and under-carbonated over most commercial beers. I am disappointed with most commercial examples I sample (not that there aren't great commercial beer out there) . Plus, I usually have 3 other aged taps to pull from as well.

That's alot taps. I mean ya there's good beer out there. But a case of midas touch is what $ 140. Im just talking home brew against normal beer.not the super microbrew. And yes I think my beer is world class. For a guy making it in the spare 4 hours a week I may have.

Back