Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son's dog and Dog in-law..

!!!!amglesdog.jpg

sue.jpg

KB got a hold of two bags of halloween candy last year and ate them all, including the wrappers. Fortunately he at least left the bags behind. He was pooping wrappers for a week.
One winter, my (now) brother-in-law's dog ate an entire package of glitter. Come springtime, his parents' yard SPARKLED.

(He also ate an entire bag of hershey's kisses once, with similar results)

What the hell is a "Pine Ridge kill sweep"?

Anyway, looks like a terrier to me!
apparently his mother was a German Shepard-Husky mix and the father was reported to "may have been an American Bully roaming that area". it don't matter to me. pure breeds tend to have problems mutts don't have.

the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota, USA. the poorest place in the United States. the kill sweep is when they go through and kill every homeless dog they find. a large number of those are puppies. rescues go through and catch what they can to find homes for them. the older they are, the more they will need to be worked with before they'll find a permanent home. the fosters spend a lot of time and money caring after these long neglected and usually get little to nothing in return.

apparently his mother was a German Shepard-Husky mix and the father was reported to "may have been an American Bully roaming that area". it don't matter to me. pure breeds tend to have problems mutts don't have.

the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota, USA. the poorest place in the United States. the kill sweep is when they go through and kill every homeless dog they find. a large number of those are puppies. rescues go through and catch what they can to find homes for them. the older they are, the more they will need to be worked with before they'll find a permanent home. the fosters spend a lot of time and money caring after these long neglected and usually get little to nothing in return.

Thanks for the explanation, Billy. I'm betting that only people who live around that area will have understood that phrase.

You can just look at his face and eyes and clearly see that terrier blood runs strong through his veins.

Thanks for the explanation, Billy. I'm betting that only people who live around that area will have understood that phrase.

You can just look at his face and eyes and clearly see that terrier blood runs strong through his veins.

I'll bet you're right on both accounts.:mug:

Yeah... an 8 year old girl just got killed out there by a pack of roaming feral dogs. It's really a bad deal out there.

Yeah... an 8 year old girl just got killed out there by a pack of roaming feral dogs. It's really a bad deal out there.

and you know what can put a stop to all that nonsense? spay/neuter your pets! too many people out there think they're gonna make a ton of money because they have a "pure bred" and they want to sell the puppies for $500-$2,500 each. then no one buys them. then they end up in shelters or the wild. down in the Ridge, people just don't give a flocc. it's not their problem. it's a problem for wasi'chu. it's their fault anyway.

I'll stop there before I get this booted, locked, or moved to politics.

and you know what can put a stop to all that nonsense? spay/neuter your pets! too many people out there think they're gonna make a ton of money because they have a "pure bred" and they want to sell the puppies for $500-$2,500 each. then no one buys them. then they end up in shelters or the wild. down in the Ridge, people just don't give a flocc. it's not their problem. it's a problem for wasi'chu. it's their fault anyway.

I'll stop there before I get this booted, locked, or moved to politics.

Well... if they had money to spay/neuter their pets, they wouldn't spend it on that. I think it's a totally different situation on the rez, but I'm picking up what you're putting down.

Well... if they had money to spay/neuter their pets, they wouldn't spend it on that. I think it's a totally different situation on the rez, but I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I absolutely know things are different on the Ridge. but I'm just thankful there are rescue groups that save the little lives and find homes for them instead of them being killed or becoming wild.

I'm willing to be that a lot of them didn't start out there. People pick places like that to dump unwanted pets. In a town I used to live in, there was one neighborhood that was referred to as "Dogtown" because it's where people dump unwanted dogs and they started forming packs like that.

This morning one of the twins had liver failure unexpectedly. I had to tell my 4 year old that his favorite puppy isn't coming home. View attachment 244482

Sorry for the loss!

My dog is currently being babysat by my future brother in law. I was a bit sad when I got home and she was gone to his house for the weekend already. It's like they're family or something haha :)

Thanks all for the kind words. It's crazy to love a furry little thing as family but that's what they become. Her twin is devastated. Hoping she will be okay.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419823722.211194.jpg
    845.3 KB · Views: 169
Dog: 1
Human: 0

I have friends with itty bitty dogs and they tell me their dog problems. I keep thinking, "That's your problem? You have no idea. Show me an arm dog that busted out of its crate."

I'll have to find a permanent spot for this thing and zip tie it together.

image.jpg

Dog: 1
Human: 0

I have friends with itty bitty dogs and they tell me their dog problems. I keep thinking, "That's your problem? You have no idea. Show me an arm dog that busted out of its crate."

I'll have to find a permanent spot for this thing and zip tie it together.

We have one of those crates that can collapse down for storage or transport. KB figured out how to collapse it from the inside to get out. After that we had to reenforce it whenever we use it. Fortunately, all it took were a few carabiners in strategic positions to keep it secure.

I'm thinking 3 zip ties on each side plus one in each corner might be enough to contain him.

I don't like leaving him alone in the house, even in the kennel, because of his seperation anxiety. But I had errands to run and today's high was 12F. Even though he has a kennel with a heater, in his dog run I'm not putting him out in that longer than I have to.

Thankfully it will be back in the 30Fs when I have to go back to work next week.

Had to put my buddy down, he started acting really strange, trouble walking and head shaking like he had parkinsons. Vet said that it was most likely a brain tumor. He was 17, I got him from the pound 12 years ago. Couldn't let him suffer, he's in a better place now. This pic is of him at our last fishing trip in October at Lake Billy Chinook.

IMG_20140921_100259397_HDR.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss. It's never good when you lose one of God's greatest creatures, but 17 years tells me he lived a long, beautiful life.

Sorry to hear. I'll hoist one in his memory :mug:
12 with him is rather good by itself much less 17. Wait a few months and have another go-around.......

Thanks all for the well wishes

yep, took good care of him. He went to doggy day care every week and had regular vet checkups. People couldn't believe his age because he sure didn't show it. We have a German Shepard also, she is very depressed now as she grew up with him, she's 4 now. She keeps looking for him and just appears sad. We get another rescue but will take our time.

Latest posts

Back