Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her Ladyship is pleased to meet you

her ladyship (Small).jpg

I'll be getting a new puppy this weekend, and I don't know what I'm gonna name him yet. I have a list that I'm mulling over, but decided to ask y'alls opinion.

Bomber
Growler
Saison
Marzen
Plato
Fuggles

I have a dog named Dunkel (pictures in this thread somewhere). I was thinking Marzen or Saison to keep the beer style theme with Dunkel.

Here's his latest picture:

Attachments

• IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 0
I'll be getting a new puppy this weekend, and I don't know what I'm gonna name him yet. I have a list that I'm mulling over, but decided to ask y'alls opinion.
Once you've spent a few days with your new puppy, his name will become more apparent.

I had planned to brew a roggenbier a couple months ago, and bought the ingredients I needed. I didn’t get to brew it until today. While weighing out the grains, I thought, rye is grey. The pup is grey. Suddenly, I had a name. Roggen.

Attachments

• 71573668557__F84DE7FB-7523-4066-B86B-B6C120E8B902.jpeg
    71573668557__F84DE7FB-7523-4066-B86B-B6C120E8B902.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Bomber
Growler
Saison
Marzen
Plato
Fuggles

I have a dog named Dunkel (pictures in this thread somewhere). I was thinking Marzen or Saison to keep the beer style theme with Dunkel.

Here's his latest picture:
I just went through this with my new puppy. I wanted something beer related, but not obviously beer related. We settled on "Korby Nelson". The middle name inspiration should be obvious, but the first name is a reference to the German beer "Korbinian". We considered a lot of other stuff like porter, stout, "Taddy" (for samuel smiths taddy porter"), Vitus, Sahti, Nitro, bomber, malty, barley, and lots of others. But at the end of the day, Korby really seems to fit him.
Anyway, from your suggestions, probably marzen. Could always use "marzy" as a nickname .

Roggen is 8 months old now too. I'm hoping he grows a bit more.

View attachment 832333
What happened to his leg? Born that way? I would be afraid without the leg he'll be able to pull out of the harness.

Beautiful boy though.

Another picture of my pretty pittie princess.

Attachments

• 20230920_130808.jpg
    20230920_130808.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
What happened to his leg? Born that way? I would be afraid without the leg he'll be able to pull out of the harness.

Beautiful boy though.

Another picture of my pretty pittie princess.
I didn't even notice that his leg isn't visible. He's got all four, just the angle hides his left behind the right leg. And, even with all four, he is a little Houdini, he got out of that harness. I now have one that I don't think he will get out of.

I didn't even notice that his leg isn't visible. He's got all four, just the angle hides his left behind the right leg. And, even with all four, he is a little Houdini, he got out of that harness. I now have one that I don't think he will get out of.
Oh good. Yeah, even knowing that his leg is hard to see.

hilmahati.jpg

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to hilma last week, she got pancreatitis and with her diabetes it was sadly no longer possible to get her healthy and to stop more suffering we put her to sleep.
She had a great 11 years which is really long for a diabetic dog anyway, but sad none the less.
Our puppy hati took it rather bad for while, but is back to his old self and hyper as a proper pup, helping us through the hard times.

View attachment 833960

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to hilma last week, she got pancreatitis and with her diabetes it was sadly no longer possible to get her healthy and to stop more suffering we put her to sleep.
She had a great 11 years which is really long for a diabetic dog anyway, but sad none the less.
Our puppy hati took it rather bad for while, but is back to his old self and hyper as a proper pup, helping us through the hard times.
I'm sorry Kharynb. Hoping you heal well and soon. Glad hati is right there to ease the way.

Back