Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My toy fox terrier Rascal.

image-1929518176.jpg

Dan said:
Dasher D! 12lb little big dawg!. We've had him three years and he is very much part of the family. My wife and girls like to dress him up..

He loves it!

That may be the happiest dog I've ever seen

If Ellie is tired she will find a way to sleep. Gus isn't as picky.

View attachment 75657

My dog, who looks almost exactly like your black one from what I can see of them, does the same thing. She will stick her head under the couch almost every night like she is trying to block out everything to sleep.

My 2 boys. Bear (brown one) and Scout (black / brown). Unfortunately we lost Scout a couple months ago. My wife took him to the vet and when leaving, he backed out of his collar, and tried to spring across the highway. He made it through the westbound traffic, but when he jumped the concrete barrier, he got hit and killer (luckily instantly so he didn't suffer). Gonna really miss that PITA. He was the best 60lb lap dog anyone could ask for.

Looking to get another one from the humane society someday soon.

Edit: I hit the like button. Maybe the wrong thing to do. Hadn't fully read what you wrote, was just admiring your dogs.

So sorry to hear of your family's loss of Scout. Looks like he was a great guy. Dog's are so much part of our family. Kind of hard to understand maybe for people who have never had one, but those of us that do realize the tragic impact, especially an unexpected loss of a dog.

My sincere condolences.

Dan

Just finished building a new bedframe. It's about a foot higher than the old one (I have my reasons). Baby, our red toy poodle, is used to sleeping on the bed at night. He can't jump up on the new one, so he sits and whines. Kellie wakes up, and puts him on the bed. About an hour later, he's off the bed and whining to get back. So, I get to make a ramp or something for him. He's old and never was good at learning new tricks. Here's a picture from the last time he didn't learn something:

img_5822-54630.jpg

Dan said:
Edit: I hit the like button. Maybe the wrong thing to do. Hadn't fully read what you wrote, was just admiring your dogs.

So sorry to hear of your family's loss of Scout. Looks like he was a great guy. Dog's are so much part of our family. Kind of hard to understand maybe for people who have never had one, but those of us that do realize the tragic impact, especially an unexpected loss of a dog.

My sincere condolences.

Dan

No worries. I know what you mean. Yes, they are definitely like family. To add to my previous post. We just got barley. After a grooming, he's a different dog. Before and after below

image-1410338647.jpg

image-4085329008.jpg

Here's Rufus, SQUIRREL!

2012-07-30_13-27-53_895.jpg

He's originally from AZ so these pack rats with a long fluffy tail definitely confuse him running up a tree.

Starting to get somewhat worried now, I took my dog to the vet this morning for tests. We are worried about kidney or liver problems. I was expecting a call about 2 hours ago, so I called them, and they aren't telling me anything yet. He is the one on the left. (well, the other one is ours too)

thumb2_fixed2-38329.jpg

My thoughts with you and your pooch, Gnome.

Thanks, Creamy. I kinda stopped working about an hour ago through lack of concentration.....Now I'm gonna be half cut when I go to pick him up if they hold on to him much longer! :eek: he's been a member of this forum since he wasn't much more than a kid! :cross:

Whoa.... I have a very good friend whose Timberwolf/Shepherd mix ate the back half of a hollow door one time, but he NEVER demolished drywall like THAT! That's a fiesty doggie!

Ize

We have a "Wolf Room" in our home for when we are not home for this very reason. FRP walls, tile floors, solid core doors, custom lexan and aluminum doggie door opening into a concrete run with 9 ft fence....

Venus up top, Nyx on the bottom

Venus is a 99% F1 Timberwolf,

Nyx is a low content Timberwolf 25%, F2 or F3

A couple of our residents :D

That is a cow femur by the way...

Venus Nyx cow leg.jpg

Wow that is a cool looking wolf. Will he eat that entire bone at once? I didn't no you are alowed to have a pet wolf. I would be worried he would eat my femur bone :)

Are wolfdogs goofy and cuddly when they spend time with people, or do you have to constantly keep them active and remind the of their place in the pack?

KingBrianI said:
I'm pretty sure asking someone who owns wolves this question is akin to asking a homebrewer:

"I didn't know homebrewing was legal. I would be worried I'd go blind."
Awwww. Don't be a poopy pants. Sorry if I offended you with my post.

CreamyGoodness said:
Here's the obvious question... which is the tough one? :fro:

I like to think about it like the mob.... The little one is the tough boss, the big one is the scary (mostly harmless) muscle...

Back