does the Co2 have to be cold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainfever

Reaction score
The freezer I will be using to build a keezer will fit 4 cornies perectly. I will just have to build a collar. I plan on keeping the CO2 on the outside and running a hose through the collar. Then I got to thnking, will the warm co2 effect the cold beer? Does the co2 have to be refrigerated also?

x3 outside as well. the only time it really makes a difference is when you go to refill the tank you'll want to freeze it over night that way more gas will fit in the tank

x3 outside as well. the only time it really makes a difference is when you go to refill the tank you'll want to freeze it over night that way more gas will fit in the tank

This wont apply to me because my local gas supplier only does trades.

being cold will only get more into the tank if you are using another tank to fill it, most places use a pump to fill it so it doesnt make a difference.

being cold will only get more into the tank if you are using another tank to fill it, most places use a pump to fill it so it doesnt make a difference.

the place i go to actually fills it using another tank, and suggest to bring it in cold. didn't realize thats not how most places do it

Most places fill with cryogenic CO2 anyways. The majority of the CO2 in your tank is liquid and cold. ;)

Back