Do you need a 1 off Stainless part built for your system? Let's discuss it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay, I'm looking to get a custom 1.5" TC "T". But instead of a tri clamp coming off the side, I'd like a welded 1/2" female npt thread welded on. Essentially I'm looking to build inline oxygenation into my system. I already have the attached oxygen stone, just looking to add it into my setup.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Can you put two 1/2 inch tubes into a mason jar lid to allow for krausen collection like the pic in the westy clone thread?

Cheers!

Yes for sure. I am actually in the process of adding 3 new parts in our system for exactly that. the 3 are for pint, quart and 1/2 gallon jars. Shoot me a PM on how long you want the long tube. We can do that for you for sure.

Cheers
Jay

Jay, I'm looking to get a custom 1.5" TC "T". But instead of a tri clamp coming off the side, I'd like a welded 1/2" female npt thread welded on. Essentially I'm looking to build inline oxygenation into my system. I already have the attached oxygen stone, just looking to add it into my setup.

ABSOLUTELY!
I'll shoot you a PM with details...

Cheers
Jay

Here's the 3" cap that Jay made for pressurized transfers from the BME Chronical. I'm not too concerned about having the PRV so this works perfectly and like always looks great! Also using his canning jar adapter on the BME.

Hey Jay,

I see you offer round tubing leg extensions for SS Brewtech conicals, for aesthetic purposes can you make square tubing extensions?

Yes for sure. I am actually in the process of adding 3 new parts in our system for exactly that. the 3 are for pint, quart and 1/2 gallon jars. Shoot me a PM on how long you want the long tube. We can do that for you for sure.

Cheers
Jay

Make the long tube 2 inches inside, that way you have a lid that will fit on all three.

Hey Jay,

I see you offer round tubing leg extensions for SS Brewtech conicals, for aesthetic purposes can you make square tubing extensions?

We do have them but they are NOTHING like Ss extentions. I did a prototype just to see about the cost and labor etc. I didn't think they were in the $$ range of what we needed to sell them for since Ss has theirs. I am happy to get you a price and a picture. These are adjustable height with a pin system. they slip OVER the conical leg and you can adjust from there.. I think COST was around $60-65 after labor and parts. If you want PM me your Email address and I can send you a picture. If you want this set I have I'll sell it to you for cost + shipping just to move it off my showroom floor.

Cheers
Jay

EDIT:
I have your email attached to your last order. Let me know and I can drop you a picture or 2..

I'd love something like this for smoking my own grain for smoked beers. This guy's prices are pretty insane though...they seem to be pricing based on capacity rather than cost of materials and labor, so his prices increase exponentially for larger sizes. Compare that to stainless conical fermenters where there isn't usually a huge price difference between a 7g and a 14g fermenter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-20-LB-C...R-BBQ-GRILL-/182010418880?hash=item2a60aa96c0
drum.jpg

I'd love something like this for smoking my own grain for smoked beers. This guy's prices are pretty insane though...they seem to be pricing based on capacity rather than cost of materials and labor, so his prices increase exponentially for larger sizes. Compare that to stainless conical fermenters where there isn't usually a huge price difference between a 7g and a 14g fermenter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-20-LB-C...R-BBQ-GRILL-/182010418880?hash=item2a60aa96c0
View attachment 377228

What Diameter and length you want?

PM Inbound

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay, looking for 2 of these. It's a standard 1-1/2 Tri-clover with a through hole and Counter Bore. I'll add a SS Brewtech pressure relief valve to the hole to protect a conical during fermentation

img_1370-67733.jpg

your 2 are headed out today. Thanks for the order!

I would take one of these too!

Milldoggy
Let me know if you want 1 of these still. I have all the parts and are building a few extras to toss up on the site.
We are also building one with the Ball lock gas in AND the PRV on a 1.5" TC cap AND a 3" TC cap as well.

Cheers
Jay

So I ordered this.

7055387889_3f2fc9c2ea.jpg

I am thinking to emulate the HopRocket with your parts and help. I was looking at your false bottoms and hop blockers. Could you cut out most of the inner lid shown here and weld in a false bottom screen?

7067667667_b0244f8ff9.jpg

Then I would add a hop blocker to the bottom. Not sure how to secure it though. I would need a 1\2" npt fitting in the lid and one in the bottom. The RIMS function would be a short fold back element with a Tri Clover adapter like this one.

Element1650_TC-1.jpg

So I would also need a 1.5" short TC fitting welded in the center of the bottom. Maybe I could use a nipple going into the tank from the TC fitting to screw something like your wine punch to for the false bottom instead of using a hop blocker.

I am not sure how feasible this idea is or if it would even work very well. The Blichmann Hop Rocket with RIMS is $265.00 and my pot cost me $22.00 so far.

What do you think?

I found this on your site.

2817-Tri-Clover-1.5-Inch-Full-Coupling-Pass-Through-Spray-Head.jpg

Something like that or a bazooka screen might work for the hop back in-feed. How tight can you roll the false bottom material? Maybe a tube of that with a 1\2 male npt fitting on it would work good.

Or maybe something like this cut down to fit the pot,

2926-7.6-Inch-Wine-Cap-Punch-Disc-with-Ruler.jpg

and this to make a stand.

0739_Half_Inch_Nipple.jpg

Or if you could weld a full coupling in a false bottom and I could use the bazooka screen idea too.

You got a lot of really cool parts on your site. My imagination is running wild.:D

I figure since I have a pump and plan to recirculate anyway this would be a great addition to my new BIAB stand.;);):D

This might seem a bit backwards and i'm in no hurry for this part but.
I'm looking for an adapter set-up that serves beer through a sankey tap but will function on both a sankey keg and a ball lock keg.
I am familliar with "the kegging part" and have one but that's not what i'm looking for. The kegging part basically turns all sankes into ball lock kegs.
I'm looking for something that basically changes ball locks into sankeys.
Perhaps a modified sanke keg spear that accepts ball lock fittings as to where the regular sanke tap can be removed from it and then directly hooked up to a normal sanke keg.

Thanks in advance.

This might seem a bit backwards and i'm in no hurry for this part but.
I'm looking for an adapter set-up that serves beer through a sankey tap but will function on both a sankey keg and a ball lock keg.
I am familliar with "the kegging part" and have one but that's not what i'm looking for. The kegging part basically turns all sankes into ball lock kegs.
Perhaps a modified sanke keg spear that accepts ball lock fittings as to where the regular sanke tap can be removed from it and then directly hooked up to a normal sanke keg.

Thanks in advance.

Already in the works Paps. We are just waiting for out dip tubes to be shipped to us. We are having them built long so they can be cut to fit.

I figured since we are fermenting in a Commercial keg we might as well be able to serve from one as well. The base of the product is done. Seriously were only a couple weeks away from having all the dip tubes and then we can start showing it off.

Cheers
Jay

I would like to see an affordable oxygenation stone mounted to a tri-clamp cap via a 6" wand. The idea being that you could stick it through a Tee and into a sight glass. This would make in-line oxygenation pretty easy.

I see other people asking for inline oxygenation as well. I already have the sight glass, but would love to be able to visually see it with this tri-clamp cap and wand combo.

I think I am looking for this too if I understand correctly.
I want to make homebrew kegs that I can haul over to friends with Sanke kegerators. An alternative would be to have a top for the ball keg that connected to a Sanke tapper.

(This whole sanke thing is like trying to record homemade hd video onto bluray disks. Everybody would like to do it, but the hidden industry forces seem to be against it.)

What we are working on is a Ball Lock adapter for use on commercial kegs with the spear removed. It wont be able to turn a Cornie into a Sanke, but turn a Sanke into the ability to use your ball lock connections.

Cheers
Jay

Ok I am looking for a stainless coil. Actually 2 of them. It needs to be 3/8" stainless tubing, coiled to <4" od so it will fit through a 4" tri clover. And the ends welded through a 4" tri clover cap with a 2" tri clover ferrule also on the cap. Can you do it?

Ok I am looking for a stainless coil. Actually 2 of them. It needs to be 3/8" stainless tubing, coiled to <4" od so it will fit through a 4" tri clover. And the ends welded through a 4" tri clover cap with a 2" tri clover ferrule also on the cap. Can you do it?

Unfortunately I cant coil stainless that tight. Copper for sure. But the stainless wants to kink when I try and coil it.

Cheers
Jay

Someone is going to buy a Spike Brewing conical. They will have this available

I have built MANY of the 1/4" MPT on 3" Caps. I have never drilled for this part but I am looking into it. I have several people looking for stuff for this. The 3" cap we can either drill and tap 1/4" for the ball lock connector or we can weld a 1/4" coupling. I also have parts on the way that is just the weld fitting for the ball lock connection and that will eliminate a LOT of stuff. But, trust me I am on it 100%. I think I am going to do this 3" AND 1 1/2" TC caps. Give me a few days and I will have answers for all of you guys.

Cheers
Jay

Any luck with this for 3"?

Any luck with this for 3"?

You bet! What exactly are you looking for? 3" we can do just about anything on. Right now I am building them to order as the orders are coming in as mostly specialty "I NEED THIS" kind of thing.

What would you like to see? Gas in and beer out? Gas in and PRV?

Let me know and I am happy to work with you and get you some pricing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM

Cheers
Jay

You bet! What exactly are you looking for? 3" we can do just about anything on. Right now I am building them to order as the orders are coming in as mostly specialty "I NEED THIS" kind of thing.

What would you like to see? Gas in and beer out? Gas in and PRV?

Let me know and I am happy to work with you and get you some pricing.

Feel free to shoot me a PM

Cheers
Jay
Looking for gas in, prv on a 3 inch triclamp for pressurized transfers.

Large opening knife gate/guillotine valve (i.e. cheap) that can go between the bottom of a SS pot (solder or weld on) and the mason jar adapter, for a DIY fermenter trub dump & yeast harvester.

Can you make meat grinder plates like this? Without measuring it, I think it's about 3/8" thick and 3" round. My dad wants to try to do a courser grind than the largest plate they offer. Maybe a 12 and 14mm instead of the 10mm.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...4095080&CQ_search=meat+grinder+plates&CQ_st=b

Not a brewing part, but it does go great with beer!

LOVE your user name!

We can probably make that! I would need to know exact diameter, thickness, and a few specs like diameter of all holes that are important. i.e center mounting hole and the little notch on the side.

Cheers
Jay

Large opening knife gate/guillotine valve (i.e. cheap) that can go between the bottom of a SS pot (solder or weld on) and the mason jar adapter, for a DIY fermenter trub dump & yeast harvester.

I think I am following you. Why not just do a tri clover ferrule welded on the bottom? Or am I missing something?

Cheers
Jay

Just thinking a knife valve could be cheaper than tri-clover buttetfly (especially large diameter opening). Maybe not. But yeah you could certainly do it right now with a ferrule, butterfly valve, and jar adapter... It'll cost more than the pot though. :(

I'd expect it could be a shorter setup as well.

LOVE your user name!

We can probably make that! I would need to know exact diameter, thickness, and a few specs like diameter of all holes that are important. i.e center mounting hole and the little notch on the side.

Cheers

Jay

Ok. Great. Thanks. Ill get the plate from him and I'll send you the measurements. Thanks a lot Jay!

I am interested in a replacement dip tube for my SsBrewtech kettle. I love my kettles, but the dead space in the 15 gallon mash tun really bugs me. I don't care about the trub dam part, just a longer tube. If it was long, I could cut it to a better length. The current dip tubes are over 1/2" short. I'm okay sacrificing in the boil kettle, but would love to get more when used as a mash tun. And chance you could do it?

I am interested in a replacement dip tube for my SsBrewtech kettle. I love my kettles, but the dead space in the 15 gallon mash tun really bugs me. I don't care about the trub dam part, just a longer tube. If it was long, I could cut it to a better length. The current dip tubes are over 1/2" short. I'm okay sacrificing in the boil kettle, but would love to get more when used as a mash tun. And chance you could do it?

Your not the first person to ask but, unfortunately no because of the size of tubing, milling and that super tight bend they have on that diptube going through the False Bottom. Have you thought about removing the dip tube and just adding a little tubing to it? You will have to remove that trub damn but would probably work for you. . Apparently its a fair amount of wort left behind when using it. Or maybe try and bent it down a little and see if that helps. Again removing the trub dam is probably the best bet there too.

Cheers
Jay

Okay, what about a "malt pipe?" That's what the grainfather and other all in one systems are calling it, right? I've got 2 SsBrewtech 15g kettles, and one is setup as a mashtun. Instead of 2 vessel, I'd like to go 1. Could you make a solid sided malt pipe to fit with a "jay bird" false bottom? Something I could hook to and hoist above the kettle to drain/sparge? I could then do full volume recirc for 5 gallons, and batch sparge for 10g batches.

Okay, what about a "malt pipe?" That's what the grainfather and other all in one systems are calling it, right? I've got 2 SsBrewtech 15g kettles, and one is setup as a mashtun. Instead of 2 vessel, I'd like to go 1. Could you make a solid sided malt pipe to fit with a "jay bird" false bottom? Something I could hook to and hoist above the kettle to drain/sparge? I could then do full volume recirc for 5 gallons, and batch sparge for 10g batches.

Garrett

Post up a picture if you can find one. Sounds reasonable..

Cheers
Jay

Latest posts

Back