Disposable oxygen bottles in Maryland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a tank at Poist and just looked through the inventory to get the nicest tank in inventory. The employee originally grabbed the one closest to the front but I asked if I could look through and they were fine to let me do so . If I ever run out, I plan to swap out and do the same.

I bought a tank at Poist and just looked through the inventory to get the nicest tank in inventory. The employee originally grabbed the one closest to the front but I asked if I could look through and they were fine to let me do so . If I ever run out, I plan to swap out and do the same.

CO2 or oxygen?

Oxygen. I got tired of the little red bottles and but the bullet. I think it cost $100-120 bucks for a full small tank. Bought the regulator separately.

I've just bought a second hand oxygen concentrator, 2litres per minute at 90% concentration. That will last a very long time. Also it only weighs 5kg so no risk to back or of a hernia.

I'm selling my O2 cylinder and regulator but not sure about the postage!!

I see several of the oxygen concentrators on Craigslist. Question, do those need to be sanitized or have filters, etc. replaced?

I see several of the oxygen concentrators on Craigslist. Question, do those need to be sanitized or have filters, etc. replaced?
My mom used on for years.
There was a basic dust filter on the back that you rinsed with hot water.
Other than that- change the tubing every few months.

Looking at Craigslist for an oxygen tank. This one looks like a medial tank. Does anyone know if these can be refilled? Are they going to want a prescription since it looks medical?

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/hab/d/brandon-oxygen-cylinder-tank-with/7533817783.html

Correct, the medical tanks require a prescription for refill. They also might be marked as being owned by a particular medical supply company. You'll probably want to consider them throw-away, but they are also hard to throw away. I needed to dispose of one a few years back and the trash company wouldn't take it. I finally (after being 200% sure it was empty!) drilled a big hole in it and put it back in the trash, placed carefully so they could see the hole.

Back