Disaster finally happened....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought the picture was attached, but here goes.

Attachments

• IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
Ugh. Effin' tragic, sorry to see that. At least it was in the garage (at least, I hope that's the garage :))
Imagine if you brewed in the kitchen...

Yikes!
That's one reason that I went back to smaller batches, and fermenting in plastic or kegs. I haven't been hurt much- but it's scary to think about what could happen. Plus, I brew indoors and even minor disasters have made a huge mess.

I'm glad you're ok!

Sorry to hear that. Glad you are o.k. This would probably be a good time to analyze your brewing process. I have tried to design away any lifting of over 3 gallons. It is tough but for this to be a sustainable hobby it can not be a beat down. Pumps are cheap on Amazon and 2.4s are cheap to build structures. It is not worth it to try risky and taxing behaviors.

Oh boy, that’s a big bummer. I’m glad there was no severe injury, though a twinge in the back is no fun. I’ve been known to trip over my own feet a time or two, but fortunately not while moving hot wort. Be well!

Oh man that was a big loss, sorry you had to go through that. Dust yourself off and get back at it, these things happen.
Mind sharing the recipe? Maybe some of us can brew a tribute beer, "Trippin' on nothin'".

Hey also, time for an epoxy floor in there if you're going to keep brewing in the garage! Seal up all the seams and waterproof the raw concrete. Let it get good and dry first tho.

Back