Dip-It.. use-able cleaner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Encinoman

Reaction score
So I work in a restaurant and constantly use this stuff called Dip-It to clean coffee and tea stains off of our tea urns and coffee pots and pitchers. I have had issues cleaning the stains and aromas out of my fermenting bucket. I've soaked it in oxy clean, PBW and even tried bleach (in small amounts, the stuff makes me nervous) but have not been successful in removing the odor/stains completely and I'm afraid it will effect the quality of my beers. The Dip-It has always worked on removing those tough caked on stains, but I need to be sure it is safe for beer equipment.

Any info or advice on improving these cleaning troubles would be greatly appreciated :mug:

No advice other than to say the staining/odor isn't a an really an issue in that it doesn't affect subsequent batches. If it bothers you, retire the fermenting bucket and buy another, they are cheap enough.

Sounds as if the Dip-It is a mixture of corrosive agents and bleaching/oxygen releasing chemicals. Not sure if it would work any better than Oxy-clean, which is very similar.

Back