Difference in manifolds?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaponTheyFear

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the slow process of buying components to build my keezer with a tower. I'm trying to do this with spending the least amount of money possible but still buying quality products. While shopping for a manifold I found MoreBeer's manifold to be the cheapest including shipping but it is different from most manifolds I've found on other sites. Here is the picture from MoreBeer:

1057.jpg

It looks like some tees that are put together with shutoff valves attached.

Most other sites look like this:

3-way-co2-manifold.jpg

Is this essentially the same thing with metal placed over the top so you can't see the tees or is it one solid piece underneath?

I'm probably overanylyzing, as I've ordered from MoreBeer before and I don't really have any worries about their quality but I was just curious because I've never really seen their type of manifold before. I also like how the MoreBeer manifold you can add on more if you want while I'm not sure you can do that with other manifolds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think they are the same, just LOOK different. And you can add more onto either of them ( I just did with the one on the bottom) you just have to remove the bolt from the end ( pain in the a$$ to get out) and replace it with a barb or threaded nipple. I have 2 four outlet manifolds connected by a short section of hose. I am sure you could hard plumb them however.

I've got the first manifold. It works fine. Just make sure to tighten everything down before you use it. The one I have leaked a little. A few cranks with a wrench and it was fine.

I just returned a manifold that looks like the second pic because it didn't have the one way flow check valves. I purchased another one that looks like the second pic WITH the check valves.

The second pic manifold allows me to slide the mounting bracket into the kegerator shelf slot. I won't have to drill any holes inside my fridge for mounting.

yeah, I have one that looks like the 2nd pic, got it from AHS because it HAS check valves. Some sites sell them that look identical WITHOUT check valves

Back