Did I ruin my first bucket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRF

Reaction score
Why? I have no idea.... noob stupidity I guess? I put my first ever batch of home brew into secondary a few days ago. Honey Wheat... a heffe...

Go ahead, fire away...:eek: :(

Are you being serious? Why would moving your batch to a secondary ruin it? Relax!

Well, after more reading it seems sort of counter productive to that style is all. I'll still continue the process. Just curious to see what people thought.

Sorry dude, you're screwed.

But seriously.....you're screwed.

Why don't you tell us why you think it's ruined? What makes you think it was counter productive to that style? Because you racked it to secondary? Don't worry, people make that mistake all the time and they still make darn good beer.

Well if it's upsets you so much, feel free to send me this ruined batch in individual 12 or 22 ounce bottles and I'll safely dispose of it for you...

I happen to have an approved beer recycling facility on hand.

Well, after more reading it seems sort of counter productive to that style is all. I'll still continue the process. Just curious to see what people thought.

What is this I don't even :confused::confused::confused::confused:

did you light the bucket on fire or something after you transferred the beer?

I never Rack my Beers; Even Big Barley Wines.... three to four weeks in Primary then off to bottling/kegging. I do BIAB, and even then the heavy Trub still clears well and everything is cleaned up. In fact I never open my primary to check/look at/touch.. until I'm ready to bottle/keg. If you use enough yeast, control Temperature, and cleanliness... It wants to become Beer.

Yeah- "ruin" was a bit much :p A bit trollish I guess...

The more I thought about it though- the more it seemed like an unnecessary risk. Then I also began to wonder if it would lose mouth feel and become somewhat watery.

Back