DFH Sah Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrew44

Reaction score
The other day I had a DFH Sah Tea at one of our local pubs....great very unique beer, I went back to have another and they were out so I am going to attempt to try to make something similar from what I remember of the taste.

I Haven't been able to find a clone recipe so I thought i would try something like this.......any thoughts before i fire it up?

Recipe Type: All Grain
Yeast: T58
Batch Size (Gallons): 5.5
Original Gravity: 1.048
Final Gravity: 1.010
Boiling Time (Minutes): 50
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 10
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14

Ingredients

4.75 lb German Pilsner (2 Row)
3.00 lb White Wheat Malt
2.5 lb Flaked Wheat
0.50 oz Cascade (7.5%) (30min)
0.50 oz Cascade (7.5%) (5 min)
0.50 oz Orange Peel, Bitter (Boil 15.0 min)
0.50 oz Coriander Seed, Crushed (Boil 15.0 min)
1 Pkg T58

Mash Schedule:
Single Infusion
Total Grain Weight (lb's)--10.25

Mash In:
4.0 gallons strike at 163 F to obtain 152 F 60 min
Mash Out:
3.0 Gallons at 172 F for 15 min

Chai Tea Addition
Add Juniper berries at flameout. All other spices and black tea leaves added to 5 cups of boiled water and allowed to steep for 15-20min. Resulting "chai tea" is then strained and added to the wort at flameout.

5 ea Black Peppercorn
2 tsp Cardamom
2 ea Cinnamon Stick (Ceylon)
4 ea Cloves
0.7ounces Ginger Root
1 ounces Juniper Berries
4.0 liquid ozs Tea, Black

You have all the additives thats used in the brew I know that much from reading their site. As far as if its right or not, i dunno.... FWIW a friend of mine made a great pumpkin ale last year and it tasted remarkably similar to Sah Tea.

I'd love a recipe for this beer, my sife's favorite. I don't think the above is close to the rela thing as DFH has said they use rye in it. Any other recipes floating around out there?

Latest posts

Back