Dfh 120

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you in Texas as your name implies? I know a few places that have some for sale.

treacheroustexan said:
Anyone have access to buy this please pm me? I need to try it!
I hope your not disappointed when you do try it! I didn't like it! The 60 and 90 are good!!!

I love 120 and I don't think it is overrated at all. It is unlike any beer I have had. Well balanced for an 18%+ beer. I had it relatively fresh too. More like a wine than an ale.

The 120 is delicious as a barleywine, not as an IIPA. Plus, put a year or two aging and it's perfect.

I had it about 6 days after bottling and it was amazing! Unfortunately you can't buy it that fresh.

kalifornsky said:
The 120 is delicious as a barleywine, not as an IIPA. Plus, put a year or two aging and it's perfect.

This is a strange statement; did you like it or not? Style guidelines are great for categorizing but some beers simply don't fit. Age a 120 and the fresh, over the top hops will fade and you'll kind of miss the whole point of the beer. It's a boundary pusher, a style breaker by design. Any IPA lover out there owes it to himself to try one...

Demus said:
This is a strange statement; did you like it or not? Style guidelines are great for categorizing but some beers simply don't fit. Age a 120 and the fresh, over the top hops will fade and you'll kind of miss the whole point of the beer. It's a boundary pusher, a style breaker by design. Any IPA lover out there owes it to himself to try one...

I do love 120! Both fresh and aged.

Back