Desperately need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssiem37

Reaction score
I got my dual tap kegerator. I got two 5 gallon kegs.

I set up the kegerator according to directions.

I tightened all connections

I started flow of CO2.

I tapped the kegs.

It is not pushing beer through the beer lines.

Lots and lots of foam, very little beer comes out.

It's sputtering at the tap and beer line connection.

Is there a way to disconnect and reconnect without completely making a mess?

Help

What is the pressure on your kegs? I.e., what pressure did you carbonate at? The foaming is because the lines are too short for the pressure. I would suggest you bleed the pressure from your kegs, set the regulator to serving pressure (that again, depends on the length of you lines). I serve at 12 psi, and I have 10' lines.

lines are short. just a couple of feet. but instructions said to set psi at 12.

What I don't understand is why there is beer sputtering from the connection between the keg and the beer line.

Are you 100% sure the correct lines are hooked up to the correct posts on the kegs?

The gas in port has only a 3-4 inch dip tube... might explain the sputtering?

Just the first thought that came to mind.

I'd recommend longer lines or lower pressure - though the lower pressure will tend to let your beer go flat over time. But 12psi, even with my 8' lines, sometimes leads to more foam than I'd like - I typically push 10psi with my lines, and I'm guessing yours aren't 8'.

For the beer sputtering at that connection, sounds like one of two things:

1) The post isn't sufficiently tightened onto the corny keg. Turn off the gas at your regulator, bleed all the pressure out of your kegs using the relief valves, then remove the quick disconnects and make sure that the posts are tightened all the way. Then reconnect everything and turn the gas back on.

2) The quick disconnect isn't seated all the way on the post. Give it a good push down onto the post to make sure it's all the way on.

If using sanke kegs the beer comes out the top of the coupler, the angled one on the side is for gas. You probably have them switched. Just unscrew the beer nuts and swap lines.

Back