DC Group Buy #18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you mark me down for:

1x RAH1005 Premium Pilsner 50 lb
1x 1939C Briess White Wheat Malt 50 Lb

Also, I might be interested in a barrel. Where they from? What were they filled with?

I like to make a swap and add a bag please:

Swap: Remove my bag of Avangard Pale and replace with 1x 1850C Avangard Pilsen

Add: 1x MCI1071 Malting Co. of Ireland Irish Stout 25 kg (55 lb)

Thanks and happy new year,
Dave

Updates have been made. Cheers all!!

flytact: We have never ordered that malt, so fingers crossed we can actually get it. Just letting you know in advance...might be no issue or might never be able to get it. Dunno! </shrug>

flytact: We have never ordered that malt, so fingers crossed we can actually get it. Just letting you know in advance...might be no issue or might never be able to get it. Dunno! </shrug>
Thanks.
I looked at what I need to brew and need an extra bag. The Irish malt looked interesting. Could be a steal if they're selling low to get a foothold into the market, a'la Avangard.

Please add:
1 x WEY1010 Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner 25 kg (55 lb)
1 x CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter 25 kg (55 lb)

Splits:
20# Avangard Malz Premium Wheat
10# PBW

Hey folks, any idea when this Buy will close?

I am going to close it at the end of this week, which gives us 2 weeks to close out any open splits and possibly get them on order. We close 3 weeks in advance of pickup. You can still order the week after close, but you take a risk of not getting all of your order. I will even update the order in week two, but there is an even higher chance of not receiving something. Week 3 I will not add anything other than to an existing, open split that someone closes.

So if you are done ordering, please send in your PayPal, Friends and Family option, payment by midnight FRI 6 JAN 2017! Pickup will be 28 JAN 2017.

NOTE: The amount owed on the sheet assumes any splits you are on have closed. Many have not so you may want to wait until later in the week, when I will remove the open splits from what people owe!

#'s Splits Available
15 Avangard Malz Premium Vienna 55 Lb
15 Avangard Malz Premium Wheat 55 Lb
5 Briess 2-Row Caramel 60L 50 lb
25 Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb
30 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb
30 Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
40 Crisp Brown 25 kg (55 lb)
30 PBW 50 lb
35 Schill Cologne (Kolsch) 25 kg (55 lb)
45 Weyermann Melanoidin 25 kg (55 lb)

#'s Splits Available
10 Avangard Malz Premium Wheat 55 Lb
30 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb
30 Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
30 PBW 50 lb

Could I get:

2x - CRI1002 (Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter)
2x - WEY1010 (Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner)

Thank you!

Could I update my order?

I would like to replace one of the Gleneagles Maris Otter sacks with WEY1076 Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Wheat then add two sacks of that Schill Cologne. So my updated order will look like this:

1x - CRI1002 (Crisp Gleneagles Maris Otter)
2x - WEY1010 (Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Pilsner)
1x - WEY1076 Weyermann Floor-Malted Bohemian Wheat
2x - GLO1008 Schill Cologne (Kolsch)

Thanks!

Orders have been updated. PLEASE check the sheets for errors! I found a couple of them with the splits as I have not automated the calculation of the pounds available yet and do that manually. Updated splits available with corrections:

#'s Splits Available
40 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb
45 Briess 2-Row Victory Malt 50 Lb
40 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
15 Briess DME Pilsen Light 50 lb
35 Briess Victory 50 lb
30 PBW 50 lb

Anyone know what the difference is between Briess 2 Row Victory and Briess Victory (other than $1.10)? I think they really only have one malt called Victory, so our sheets may have bad data in them. I suggest we combine the two splits into one and that will get us to needing 30 pounds to close one split vice 80 pounds to close 2 splits. Speak now if you object! @alexnova I think this only affects you...

Anyone know what the difference is between Briess 2 Row Victory and Briess Victory (other than $1.10)? I think they really only have one malt called Victory, so our sheets may have bad data in them.

That's easy. One is supplied by LD Carlson ($52.25), the other by BSG ($51.15). The naming is inconsistent between the two suppliers, while the listed price from LD is often higher than BSG, but not always.

That's easy. One is supplied by LD Carlson ($52.25), the other by BSG ($51.15). The naming is inconsistent between the two suppliers, while the listed price from LD is often higher than BSG, but not always.

Good call! I will find out from Three Stars which one they are using now as I think that they have gravitated towards one supplier because they are more reliable. Combining the two Victory splits into one...

#'s Splits Available
40 Briess 2-Row Chocolate 50 lb
40 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
30 PBW 50 lb

Anyone know what the difference is between Briess 2 Row Victory and Briess Victory (other than $1.10)? I think they really only have one malt called Victory, so our sheets may have bad data in them. I suggest we combine the two splits into one and that will get us to needing 30 pounds to close one split vice 80 pounds to close 2 splits. Speak now if you object! @alexnova I think this only affects you...

No objections here. :mug:

I'm sure we can grab a couple extra lbs to close out the splits that are mostly done, but I assume the others just get left off the order? I knew the brown malt was a long shot when I opened with a small portion, but it's hard to find so I tried anyway. I really have no use for 45lbs of it....

Same with the chocolate?
Yep! I thought there was another one but missed it when I looked. ;)

I'm sure we can grab a couple extra lbs to close out the splits that are mostly done, but I assume the others just get left off the order? I knew the brown malt was a long shot when I opened with a small portion, but it's hard to find so I tried anyway. I really have no use for 45lbs of it....
I can roll them to the next buy if they do not close, if folks want that. You can find Brown at Austin HB, Farmhouse, and William's for around $17 shipped. Not a great price, I know, especially when we would get it for a third of that...

#'s Splits Available
30 Briess Chocolate Malt 50 Lb
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
30 PBW 50 lb

Tony - Please bump up my share of the DME Pilsen light split from 5 lbs to 10 lbs. That will leave only 10 lbs to close out that split. Come on folks - everybody needs DME for starters!

Tony, I didn't see my PBW request on "my orders" in the google doc.

Thanks for catching that!! Folks I have to enter hundreds of transactions into the spreadsheets and it is so easy to make a mistake, miss something, or mistype something, so please check your orders and make sure I got them right!! I hate to see disappointed brewers on pickup day (especially when it is MY fault!)!!

#'s Splits Available
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
25 PBW 50 lb

#'s Splits Available
30 Briess Victory 50 lb
25 PBW 50 lb

I believe that 5# of the DME split is missing from my order. It looks like it was accounted for when closing the split so I think it's still available, but if not no big deal.

Please add to my splits (and double check my amount owed, seems a lot off!):
10# Briess Victory 50 lb

I believe that 5# of the DME split is missing from my order. It looks like it was accounted for when closing the split so I think it's still available, but if not no big deal.

Please add to my splits (and double check my amount owed, seems a lot off!):
10# Briess Victory 50 lb

zpm: It wasn't missing...just hit another place where I did not account for how big the buy would be. I only setup for 100 transactions originally, and have bumped that to 150 on most sheets. Missed it on the Your Orders sheet. You were actually "missing" four items! I bumped the page to allow for 200 transactions.

One of those 4 "missing" splits was 5# of Victory. Do you want 5, 10 or 15#?

Dre': Added the wheat to the sheet.

#'s Splits Available
25 Briess Victory 50 lb
25 PBW 50 lb

Clap: Just close the Melanoidin...who doesn't need 55#s of it?? :D

If it's not too late I'll jump in and help with the splits. I plan to show up to help split bags anyway since I missed the last pickup.

10# Briess 2-Row Caramel 80L 50 lb
5# PBW 50 lb

Stone - Please update my order changing the maris from "Crisp Finest" to "CRI1002 Crisp Gleneagles." Probably fat fingered the order earlier. Thank you.

Back