DC Area Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there at 10 or before if we can work it out, to help with the splits. I will bring my scale, etc. I will do everything I can to get out of there as early as possible, since my time window is limited at the BAM festival.

I'll also try to be there this time but as said earlier, I might have to bring my 3-year old with me. She *loves* playing with grains so maybe she'll be a productive lil' helper?

I'm bringing my 2.9 year old, and he also really loves grain. He's actually quite helpful measuring grain, no joke. I'm not sure if y'all want his help, but he might be able to assist. Alternately, if the kids defect, they might be able to keep themselves busy. I hope this isn't too forward, but could this be a baby play date at a brewery? Also, would that nominate us for best or worst parent of the year award?

I'm bringing my 2.9 year old, and he also really loves grain. He's actually quite helpful measuring grain, no joke. I'm not sure if y'all want his help, but he might be able to assist. Alternately, if the kids defect, they might be able to keep themselves busy. I hope this isn't too forward, but could this be a baby play date at a brewery? Also, would that nominate us for best or worst parent of the year award?

Ha! That motivates me to bring the toddler! Only issue is that MIL would have to watch the 14.5 months old :D

Ha! That motivates me to bring the toddler! Only issue is that MIL would have to watch the 14.5 months old :D

Seriously, we must be on the same schedule. SWMBO will be at home watching our 8mo on the pickup day. I would offer her services to watch your 14.5mo but I'm not sure she wants to a) trek out, or b) watch another child. I can ask, though :)

I can be there at 10 also to help speed things up as I have an interest in getting to the BAM festival in a timely manner.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Is anyone closer to Baltimore than DC? Since it's the 31st, the wife wants to get out of town. The bad news, I probably won't be able to make the pick-up. The good news, she wants to hit up some breweries on the way back.

I only have half of a sack in the order.

I'm pretty close to the Hampden neighborhood but could meet you anywhere convenient if you're able to pick up my portion.

I don't know what our start time will be, but I will ask the question and post back here. I have a party to attend that day so I too would like to get this over and done so I can have a brew or two.

I'm pretty close to the Hampden neighborhood but could meet you anywhere convenient if you're able to pick up my portion.

Hey, so do I!! I'd be happy to pick up your grain for you, and we can arrange to meet when you're ready.

Based on the current schedule, we are making the order this coming Saturday, to the best of my knowledge. When do we do all the money transfers for splits? Heads up, I will be having a very busy Friday and might have no time until the very early hours, Saturday morning to paypal money. Can we do anything on Thursday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday morning are fine for making payments. Even Wednesday should be fine. Not much will change. We try to prevent having to restitute money or making additional payments as much as possible.

You are participating in one split that's still open (5# of Acidulated). I'm quite sure someone will grab it to close the deal before Friday. You know where to find the totals due, right? And I'll make sure we have every primary buyer's Paypal info on file (last tab).

I didn't realize this until yesterday.

The same day we have our pickup scheduled, on the 31st, the MD Craft Beer Festival (BAM) in Frederick starts at 12 noon. I'm planning to go there, but haven't worked out all the logistics yet. I may even take the BAM bus from Heavy Seas.

Is anyone else going there? Any suggestions on how to get around this?

I am just going to have to be late. I am picking up the wife at the house on the way from 3 Stars to BAM. Hopefully splits go quickly, I have VIP tickets! I can help any time in the morning!

:mug:

One more on my order if its not too late, should be 3 bags total and 1/2 sack rice hulls, payment due this friday correct?

1x RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat 50 lb

I will take that last 5# of Acidulated.

Added. That puts you at 20# of Acidulated in total.

One more on my order if its not too late, should be 3 bags total and 1/2 sack rice hulls, payment due this friday correct?

1x RAH1008 Rahr White Wheat 50 lb

Sure you're in time, we go all the way to Friday @midnight.
Added 1x RAH1008.
Yes, that's correct.

I am just going to have to be late. I am picking up the wife at the house on the way from 3 Stars to BAM. Hopefully splits go quickly, I have VIP tickets! I can help any time in the morning!

:mug:

This is a really big dilemma.

I really wish there's something we can do so no-one has to be late for BAM, which starts at 12 noon. Even leaving 3 Stars at 11am will NOT get you inside BAM at noon. You're likely to have a problem finding parking and a line getting through the gate if you're not arriving early.

That's wasted time that should be better spent drinking beer inside. 5 hours is not a really long session.

For reference, a few of us were at the BBM festival this weekend and Saturday was not smooth going. People had to wait an hour or longer to get through the gate. We were very early and among the first 50 in. Glad we did plan it that way for once. We even got bacon.

Anyone have suggestions to get around this?

We need contact email addresses and PayPal info for the following Primary Buyers:
  • claphamsa -- info completed, thanks!
  • ewrzesinski -- info completed, thanks!
  • JodyLondon -- info completed, thanks!
  • novahokie09
  • ovenfreshbread
  • Petey44 -- info completed, thanks!
  • PikevilleBrew -- info completed, thanks!
  • TreefrogPhD

Please pm me your contact email address AND your PayPal email address if different, so we can complete the last tab on the buy sheet, and split participants can pay you.

The missing fields are highlighted on the last tab, if you want to check.

We DO have correct info on file for:
  • peter78
  • reddskinnfan
  • stonebrewer
  • stuppy
So those 4 don't need to reply.

[EDIT] We did have stuppy's.

This is a really big dilemma.

I really wish there's something we can do so no-one has to be late for BAM, which starts at 12 noon. Even leaving 3 Stars at 11am will NOT get you inside BAM at noon. You're likely to have a problem finding parking and a line getting through the gate if you're not arriving early.

That's wasted time that should be better spent drinking beer inside. 5 hours is not a really long session.

For reference, a few of us were at the BBM festival this weekend and Saturday was not smooth going. People had to wait an hour or longer to get through the gate. We were very early and among the first 50 in. Glad we did plan it that way for once. We even got bacon.

Anyone have suggestions to get around this?

I remember last year that the West Patrick Street parking garage was empty at noon when I arrived. So one suggestion to help with parking would be to just skip the garages right at Carroll Creek and head two blocks up Patrick Street. I may save time, definitely save frustration. I am gonna try it again.

We only have 15# of Honey malt left on the splits list, and 3 days to go.

Come on guys, you all want some Honey flavor. Good in Saisons too.

If anyone in the Frederick area needs me to pick up for them just let me know as well as the group buy leaders. Keep in mind I'm leaving for a long trip to Florida on June 6th so you need to pick up in Monrovia before I leave.

Please change one sack on my order. Instead of Briess Ashburne Mild 50, add

1x RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb

and ill take it!

#5 Honey malt

Thanks!

Please change one sack on my order. Instead of Briess Ashburne Mild 50, add

1x RAH1004 Rahr Pale Ale 50 lb

and ill take it!

#5 Honey malt

Thanks!

Changed Ashburne to Pale (RAH1004)

And you got the last of the Honey malt. Thank you, well done!

All 845 pounds of splits are filled.

Is the paypal eCheck acceptable? Its the only option without fees, but it does take like a week for them to process. If not, I assume the buyers pay the fees?

I didn't think I had anything on this order, I forgot about the smoked wheat I asked for :D I'll be in NC visiting my family next week. Reddskinnfan, are you able to grab that for me once again? If not, Bigbeavk, I'll take you up on your offer.

Is it too late to get in on this round of buys? PM'd stonebrewer two days ago but haven't received the list. No worries if its too late I can wait till the next go around :) Would be one of the Cville types.

Is the paypal eCheck acceptable? Its the only option without fees, but it does take like a week for them to process. If not, I assume the buyers pay the fees?

There is a Friends and family option. That one is instant and free

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Changed Ashburne to Pale (RAH1004)

And you got the last of the Honey malt. Thank you, well done!

All 845 pounds of splits are filled.

Not sure how I ended up on a Maris Otter split for 15#, as I never use Maris. Can anyone else use it, as I won't and don't want to pay for grain I won't use...

Sorry.

Back