DC Area Group Buy #16

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to nail down who wants what from each DME split. The last few takers haven't been specific.

You guys are killin' me!! :D;)

PLEASE CHECK THE SHEET! I made a lot of changes tonight, got interrupted several times, and fat fingered it at least once which I hope I caught and fixed. Here is what is open:

Briess DME Bavarian Wheat 10
Briess Dark Chocolate 10
Flaked Barley (Unmalted) 20
Flaked Corn 20

I took the last 10# Golden DME.

NOTE: I did not add all of murphyslaw's splits because I don't think they will close AND because I do not have room in the spreadsheet without reorganizing it, which I fear doing last minute and messing things up. The sheet has room for 25 split items (we are at 24!!) and 30 split participants. I have already had to increase the # of participants to a record 33. I will update it before the next buy to do 50 people and 50 malts so we don't run into this again...or so the theory goes. If more of his splits take off tomorrow, I will add them...somehow! Cheers!

NOTE for the new folks...and some of you old folks who are forgetful like me: :)

If a split is not closed, it will NOT be added to your total. So if you are on splits that have not closed it is generally better to wait until FRI night to pay so you pay the right amount and I don't have to track you down over a 5# split.

PLEASE CHECK THE SHEET! I made a lot of changes tonight, got interrupted several times, and fat fingered it at least once which I hope I caught and fixed. Here is what is open:

Briess Dark Chocolate 10
Flaked Corn 20

NOTE: I did not add all of murphyslaw's splits because I don't think they will close AND because I do not have room in the spreadsheet without reorganizing it, which I fear doing last minute and messing things up. The sheet has room for 25 split items (we are at 24!!) and 30 split participants. I have already had to increase the # of participants to a record 33. I will update it before the next buy to do 50 people and 50 malts so we don't run into this again...or so the theory goes. If more of his splits take off tomorrow, I will add them...somehow! Cheers!

I had wanted 10# of the light DME - guess that didn't happen. Will take the last 10# of the Wheat DME then. Thanks so much for making sense of all these orders and splits!

I had wanted 10# of the light DME - guess that didn't happen. Will take the last 10# of the Wheat DME then. Thanks so much for making sense of all these orders and splits!

Sorry...the DME got confusing as hell today. You originally had the Wheat. If you want to switch to the Golden, I am happy to give you the 10# I claimed as I do not need it and was just closing the split. That would mean there is 20# of Wheat DME left, as I still have you down for 10# of that. Your call, I am good any way this goes.

Cheers!

T

Tony,

I paid for my splits. Could you or some else hold my order until the next buy. I will be traveling in Germany when the pickup occurs.

Cheers,

Kirk

Sorry...the DME got confusing as hell today. You originally had the Wheat. If you want to switch to the Golden, I am happy to give you the 10# I claimed as I do not need it and was just closing the split. That would mean there is 20# of Wheat DME left, as I still have you down for 10# of that. Your call, I am good any way this goes.

Cheers!

T

Tony, if you don't need the Golden - I'd prefer it instead of the wheat. Thanks again for managing this chaos.

Briess Dark Chocolate 10
Flaked Corn 20

Let's get this Bavarian Wheat DME split closed. I really would like some DME this time around.

Please add 5# more to my 10#, for 15# total. Thanks.

Briess Dark Chocolate 10
Flaked Corn 20

And in the spirit of helping splits close, I'll take 5# of the 2nd flaked corn.

Yes, please paypal to the outlook.com account I emailed you from. I am missing email addresses for three of you and have sent you something on HBT via PM. Please get me email addresses so I can ensure you get all communications! One person's email bounced back to me. I will try to dig that email up tonight and figure out who it was.

BullRun: You can order but you will need to PayPal me tonight to get on the order tomorrow. If I have your email address, we are good. If not PM me. I should have sent you an email from my outlook account and that is the one you will PayPal to with the friends and family option.

In the interest of helping get things closed out, I'll take 5# of the wheat DME and 5# of the flaked corn.

Tony, many thanks for keeping this all straight!

All DME is closed. Please pay for what you ordered and if someone else wants it, make a side trade as I want to close this tonight.

Remaining splits:

Briess Dark Chocolate 10#
Flaked Barley 20#
Flaked Corn 10#

Awards:

Most splits - djdixon with 13
Second place - Jorb with 11
Wow!

I'll take the last 10 pounds of flaked corn to close this one up. That gives me 30 pounds so if anyone wants some you can give me cash on the 25th and we'll weigh some out for you.

Stonebrewer, you've got me down for 10 pounds of Dark Chocolate when I only requested 5.

I'll take the last 10 pounds of flaked corn to close this one up. That gives me 30 pounds so if anyone wants some you can give me cash on the 25th and we'll weigh some out for you.

Stonebrewer, you've got me down for 10 pounds of Dark Chocolate when I only requested 5.

Done. Fixed. Thanks for the sanity check!!!

No problem. I don't know what I would do with 10 pounds of Dark Chocolate. Five pounds should keep me stocked for a while.

I've got 10# of the other corn split. I could take 5 or 10 off your hands at pickup. Time to brew another batch or two of Modelo.

So let's start talking splits and help!

I'll be working on labels. I need:

Helping hands
Scales
Scoops
Helping Hands
Bags and/or buckets
Helping Hands

Anyone see the common theme here?

Anyway, please remember that this is hosted and put together by a few individuals. Mostly 3 Stars, Tony and a few 'old school' folks who fill in the gaps!

Please show your support and help out. Also, please show 3 Stars support by picking up hops, yeast, and any odds and ends.

Bring some beer, for everyone to taste and some beer for Tony. He does a lot to keep this going and goes above and beyond to keep things straight.

-Mike

This time I plan to arrive around 0930 depending on NoVA traffic. My wife is leaving me with my kids for the weekend so I will have them. If there's something a 6 & 4 yr old can do to help out, I will gladly offer their services. Otherwise, I will be available to help with splits this time and I will bring some buckets I have and start looking for bags.

Let me know if you need assistance with label printing this time. I have some labels already.

We have a few stragglers still. Hope they get a payment out soon, but as I have sent 3 emails I suspect they might be on vacation like BrewSavage so...ugh! I will likely go out on a limb and pay for them as they are all involved in splits. All have participated before so I think it is low risk. I will be emailing the list to Three Stars within the next hour or two. So this is your LAST CHANCE to check the sheet for accuracy! The order is on the last page and stands at 53 sacks.

The Flaked Barley and Dark Chocolate did not close. If people want it in the next week, I will continue to add to the sheets and will submit an order for anything that closes next SAT (I will be at NHC so don't hold me to the day;) ). After that, I will move it to the next buy sheet. You can post in the next buy if you want in/out of the splits you have signed up for on this buy.

For the pickup on JUNE 25th, I will bring some plastic bags (please bring more!) and my nice scoop (stands on end so I can scoop and weigh grain with it).

We have a new buyer at Three Stars...not sure how this will go, but I am hopeful he will do a great job.

This time I plan to arrive around 0930 depending on NoVA traffic.

Note that the homebrew shop doesn't open until 10:00. I was working at the shop during the pick-up before and felt sorry for the folks waiting outside, but I had my hands full getting the shop ready to open.

I felt sorry for the folks waiting outside, but I had my hands full getting the shop ready to open.
that is a fine testament of your generosity of spirit, but you and the rest of the 3 Stars staff have nothing to feel sorry about. we need to work around your schedules, not the other way around :mug:

besides, grain pick-up isn't officially until 11:00 (splits typically start around 10'ish) so if any keeners show up before 10 that's their own damn problem :D

Note that the homebrew shop doesn't open until 10:00. I was working at the shop during the pick-up before and felt sorry for the folks waiting outside, but I had my hands full getting the shop ready to open.

Thanks for the info!

This time I plan to arrive around 0930 depending on NoVA traffic. My wife is leaving me with my kids for the weekend so I will have them. If there's something a 6 & 4 yr old can do to help out, I will gladly offer their services. Otherwise, I will be available to help with splits this time and I will bring some buckets I have and start looking for bags.

Let me know if you need assistance with label printing this time. I have some labels already.

I'll be there with scale, scoop, buckets, razor knife, and a growler of brew. See y'all 6/25 10ish.

Looks like we have a start!

I'll be there with a scoop, scale and knife.

Will also bring some Chocolate Coconut Porter and some Grapefruit IPA (if that keg makes it that long).

Ordering labels tonight.

Order Update #1:

We can no longer get:

Dingemans Cara 20 55 Lb Bag <-- affects 8 people...I will send refund as soon as I can this week.
Muntons Maris Otter Extra Pale 55 Lb <-- affects stalkingsamarai -- there are other Maris Otter malts by Crisp if you still want this

Any news on all of this? I will be out of town this weekend and wanted to start working on labels over the next few days (next week is gonna be a bear at work).

-Mike

Back