Dark Lord Day 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 days later and I'm finally caught up in this thread.

Huge thanks to elkhunter36 for the hospitality. Spent basically the entire day that I wasn't in line for DL under his tent. Had a blast hanging out with both folks from TB and non-TBers under that tent. Somehow had a BAVSS break in my backpack after a few hours. The girlfriend noticed it first and asked me "why is there black stuff in the bottom of the bag?" :(

Thank god I posted a selfie earlier in the thread, so that sidetracked was able to walk up to me and ask "hey, are you lambandtunaphish ?". Great meeting you! And I'm glad we were able to find Gene for those glasses early

deuce9259 and Brownman made great company for a huge chunk of the day. Do I owe one of you money for the life saving curry? Pretty sure it was the only food I had all day and I barely even remember having it.

lulz were had when atoulouk texted/called me and I was trying to figure out who I was talking to. Was very obvious once I saw a guy in all Purdue gear walking over.

Felt like the Group C line took forever, but what was right around when things start to get real hazy for me. Had a good group of people around me (including Gene Steve and axeman9182 a little bit behind us). Not sure how many bottles/cans I opened in line, but I was determined to make space for DL bottles in my backpack. No variants for me or the gf. F'n bummer.

Apparently I sold two of my DL bottles to someone wearing a bunch of Ohio State stuff. Don't think that was any of you? The gf told me I did this the following morning and that she apparently tried to talk me out of it a few times.

Obviously wish the weather was better, probably would have done a better job ticking TBers if I wasn't just hiding under the tent in the morning. You should just make yourselves easier to find like powz87 in the zubaz or lurchingbeast with the luchador mask.

Huge thanks to elkhunter36 for the hospitality. Spent basically the entire day that I wasn't in line for DL under his tent. Had a blast hanging out with both folks from TB and non-TBers under that tent. Somehow had a BAVSS break in my backpack after a few hours. The girlfriend noticed it first and asked me "why is there black stuff in the bottom of the bag?" :(

Thank god I posted a selfie earlier in the thread, so that sidetracked was able to walk up to me and ask "hey, are you lambandtunaphish ?". Great meeting you! And I'm glad we were able to find Gene for those glasses early

deuce9259 and Brownman made great company for a huge chunk of the day. Do I owe one of you money for the life saving curry? Pretty sure it was the only food I had all day and I barely even remember having it.

lulz were had when atoulouk texted/called me and I was trying to figure out who I was talking to. Was very obvious once I saw a guy in all Purdue gear walking over.

Felt like the Group C line took forever, but what was right around when things start to get real hazy for me. Had a good group of people around me (including Gene Steve and axeman9182 a little bit behind us). Not sure how many bottles/cans I opened in line, but I was determined to make space for DL bottles in my backpack. No variants for me or the gf. F'n bummer.

Apparently I sold two of my DL bottles to someone wearing a bunch of Ohio State stuff. Don't think that was any of you? The gf told me I did this the following morning and that she apparently tried to talk me out of it a few times.

Obviously wish the weather was better, probably would have done a better job ticking TBers if I wasn't just hiding under the tent in the morning. You should just make yourselves easier to find like powz87 in the zubaz or lurchingbeast with the luchador mask.
i met the tuna! maybe i'll dress as macho man or something next year and make frank go full on Luchador...

Now for the tldr multiquote that no one will read

I didn't tick nearly as many people as I hoped.
Pretty sure I saw you and fear025 walking around the south gate pretty early in the morning. Was on the hunt for TB glasses and didn't have enough beers in me yet to ambush strangers.
This was only my 6th DLD. It is 100% what you make it. If you can have fun waiting in lines all day while drinking, more power to you. That's not my game anymore. I probably spent ~3 hours waiting in various bottle, glassware, coffee, and tap lines last year. I really did not enjoy myself anywhere near as much as this year simply lounging around with my friends and ticking TB'ers. At no point did I feel a need to venture out into the elements. I would wait for a brief break in the weather and take a walk.

Friends with canopies are life savers.
This is pretty much how I tried to approach my first DLD. Only waited in line for bottles later in the afternoon. Never even saw the guest drafts or anything else inside. Great meeting you later in the afternoon.
I went through 3 bombers in the allocation line alone...it's no wonder the darkness started closing in not long after that.
I think I went through at least 3 bombers and a few cans in the Group C line. Things are very cloudy after this.
Come on man, you know better. You shouldn't even take the carriers when picking up the allotment. (We didn't) Throw those bottles in a cloth bag rain or no rain!
Your reminder to do this in the shuttle email was a life saver. I think the bottom fell out of one of my 4 pack holders as they handed it to me.
Those are mine. They have hydrated lots of drunks over the years.
As one of those drunks, I thank you for having these available.
I just need to apologize in advance to everyone that I met while drinking, and only while drinking, for the awkwardness when we meet for the first time, again. When you tell me your TB name I'll be like "ohhhhh yeaaaah we've done this before!"

I know this because the latter part happened multiple times this weekend.
I'll re-introduce myself at Friendship blend in a week.
i met the tuna! maybe i'll dress as macho man or something next year and make frank go full on Luchador...
I remember being amazed that you weren't even wearing a jacket.

Pretty sure I saw you and fear025 walking around the south gate pretty early in the morning. Was on the hunt for TB glasses and didn't have enough beers in me yet to ambush strangers.

This is pretty much how I tried to approach my first DLD. Only waited in line for bottles later in the afternoon. Never even saw the guest drafts or anything else inside. Great meeting you later in the afternoon.

I think I went through at least 3 bombers and a few cans in the Group C line. Things are very cloudy after this.

Your reminder to do this in the shuttle email was a life saver. I think the bottom fell out of one of my 4 pack holders as they handed it to me.

INRAT

We good, we good. Specially after you dropped that bomb on me last week.

How many bottles/cans did you dome in line to make room for DL? Bout half a bottle of Dorothy and some SoS for sure haha.
stone-cold-beer.gif

That was probably me and my friend Greg. fear025 was in the A line. You should have said hi. I had mead.

All glassware is currently for sale on Dark Matter's website. So much for that email notification...
And bottles of Black Hole Necromancer!!

And I got an email notice about this just after 6. Surprised they all seemed to last so long.

Back