Looking to do IP trading in San Diego June 6 - 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmead2015

Reaction score
I hear most of you SD guys are in this forum instead of BA so I am posting this over here to get more eyes on it. I apologize if this breaks any rules or offends anyone. I will be more than happy to delete it if necessary.

Anyone interested? I am coming into down from Grand Rapids, MI. I would love to get a hold of a bottle of that Modern Times Vanilla or Coconut as I missed out on buying the ticket today.

I have the following for trade:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16j1xxr1rcz9ozmUTaX12LvKAdKhaDOnwYfQix98FEV0/edit?usp=sharing

A semi fresh 6pk of Zombiedust as well (5/19) dated I can bring along as well if you're interested.

I hear most of you SD guys are in this forum instead of BA so I am posting this over here to get more eyes on it. I apologize if this breaks any rules or offends anyone. I will be more than happy to delete it if necessary.

Anyone interested? I am coming into down from Grand Rapids, MI. I would love to get a hold of a bottle of that Modern Times Vanilla or Coconut as I missed out on buying the ticket today.

I have the following for trade:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16j1xxr1rcz9ozmUTaX12LvKAdKhaDOnwYfQix98FEV0/edit?usp=sharing

A semi fresh 6pk of Zombiedust as well (5/19) dated I can bring along as well if you're interested.

One thing about TBers, and especially San Diegans, we are lazy mother ****ers. You might want to lay out more of what you had in mind. Otherwise that looks like a lot of work going back and forth, combing through list, etc. Though that could just be me, I had a DIPA with lunch and now want to take a nap.

If you just want to try those beers, I feel like Modem Tones will still have them on tap into the weekend (I remember the last set of variants made it a few days after the release party). As for trading, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think a lot of us on here just don't trade very often outside of trading partners.

I totally understand! Trust and relationships are always important!

I just don't have a lot of contacts outside West Michigan as I just started getting into craft in the last year, however I do have some friends on here who should be able to vouch for me as I do my best to take care of them here locally.

If you just want to try those beers, I feel like Modem Tones will still have them on tap into the weekend (I remember the last set of variants made it a few days after the release party). As for trading, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the Tip! I suspected it as well. I plan to swing by there Saturday afternoon and grab my bottles, hopefully do a trade, then head east over to Alpine for some Beer and BBQ :)

One thing about TBers, and especially San Diegans, we are lazy mother ****ers. You might want to lay out more of what you had in mind. Otherwise that looks like a lot of work going back and forth, combing through list, etc. Though that could just be me, I had a DIPA with lunch and now want to take a nap.

Ha! Thats awesome! Must be that Cali lifestyle and amazing beers allowing for the chilling out!

Thanks again! I didn't lay out what I had in mind because I am in no way an expert in the beer scene as I just started getting into it probably about 18 months ago so my knowledge isn't great enough to know what exactly I should be searching for and I didn't want to ask for something that would be crazy to ask for and offend anyone.. AKA the DDG or Cable Car posts.. however I would love to meet and trade and start making some beer friends/trading relationships while I am in the area.

I know you guys don't get KBS, HIPTSER, MORNINGWOOD, SENSUAL BEAN and BBPT5, but maybe other traders have helped you out with those.. however if you're looking for BA Stout stuff I would like to start there for you. May work towards a BA Vietnamese Speedway or some other BA variant from Alesmith that is tasty in trade.. same for Lost Abbey and Modern Times.

If your looking at Belgian/Farmhouse styles, Vivant beers are a good place to start.

If you like Sours, Upland and the just released Vivant Paris are great brews.

Really this is just a journey to meet people, trade good beer for good beer and have a good time in my free time.

If I have to put down my burrito for more than 6 seconds, the trade isn't worth it imo. =P

Hehe, but gl and cheers..also early welcome to san diego.

I would be up for meeting and drinking. I don't buy much beer anymore, especially for trading. Most places you cannot crack bottles open at. Toro is the exception, but it is not just a free for all. Typically Tuesdays there is a good size bottleshare that happens.

No matter what that should be a good time to be out here since NHC is 11-13th (is that why you are coming out?)

I would be up for meeting and drinking. I don't buy much beer anymore, especially for trading. Most places you cannot crack bottles open at. Toro is the exception, but it is not just a free for all. Typically Tuesdays there is a good size bottleshare that happens.

No matter what that should be a good time to be out here since NHC is 11-13th (is that why you are coming out?)

I am actually out here for a Cisco Live at the convention center downtown. I work in IT. It just happens to be the same awesome week as that :)

We get all the Midwest beers in stores.

fMl7vJg.jpg

I am actually out here for a Cisco Live at the convention center downtown. I work in IT. It just happens to be the same awesome week as that :)

The world is getting smaller and smaller by the day. One of my siblings works for the convention center and is helping to take care of that conference. Also....I would hope you are going to the Aerosmith show or else conveniently pass along your cisco live badge to someone else so they can get in.

The world is getting smaller and smaller by the day. One of my siblings works for the convention center and is helping to take care of that conference. Also....I would hope you are going to the Aerosmith show or else conveniently pass along your cisco live badge to someone else so they can get in.

Yep I plan to attend. Love Aerosmith!

It was posted as a joke...that Bev4Less is mostly grey market and the owner does his best to **** over the new beer drinkers. But yes, next year we are getting Founders (was suppose to be this year, but who knows what happened with that).

It was posted as a joke...that Bev4Less is mostly grey market and the owner does his best to **** over the new beer drinkers. But yes, next year we are getting Founders (was suppose to be this year, but who knows what happened with that).

Thanks for clearing that up! Yeah expansion on Founders facility is almost complete so you will be getting beers from there very soon. However KBS is still going to be very limited as they only have so much barrels and space in the mines below GR :)

Back