Dandy 5.5 keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidewinder1987

Reaction score
Building and wrapping a dandy 5.5 to fit 3 kegs here is the start of it built a frame and wrapped it in hardwood maple plank flooring

Attachments

• IMG_6123.JPG
    IMG_6123.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 314
  • IMG_6129.JPG
    IMG_6129.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 276
  • IMG_6130.JPG
    IMG_6130.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_6131.JPG
    IMG_6131.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_6180.JPG
    IMG_6180.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_6181.JPG
    IMG_6181.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 270
  • IMG_6182.JPG
    IMG_6182.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_6184.JPG
    IMG_6184.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 265
The condenser coil for the freezer is molded into the sides. Be careful not to screw into the wrong place. Also, you may want to leave some sort of ventilation around the sides, they can put off some heat.

These pics got me thinking about an old box of wood floor I have laying around. Looks great! Cheers!

The condenser coil for the freezer is molded into the sides. Be careful not to screw into the wrong place. Also, you may want to leave some sort of ventilation around the sides, they can put off some heat.

These pics got me thinking about an old box of wood floor I have laying around. Looks great! Cheers!
I'm not screwing into the keezer at all or don't plan to lol it will be built so the keezer can slide out if ever need be.

IMG_6436.JPG
IMG_6437.JPG
Got the first coat of poly on the maple trim. I also added black walnut plugs to the screw holes for some accent I'll post close ups of that later

Looking better. What's the interior dimensions of the low area of the freezer? Please show some pics when you get your kegs inside.

Collar is all sealed the face and sides are black walnut the top is hard maple. It's just sitting on the freezer right now it's not attached. I made the trim to go around the top edge as well as the corner trims need to seal and attach it still

IMG_6492.JPG
IMG_6493.JPG
IMG_6494.JPG
IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6518.JPG
IMG_6519.JPG
IMG_6520.JPG
Collar is now attached to the keezer using the original hinges and original lid gasket. Top trim is done working on finishing the corner trims and the drip edge.
What does everyone recommend for setting for the temp controller? I will not be home brewing with it just commercial kegs. Thanks

How's the build going? Any new picks for us?

*Never mind. Found your other thread.

Back