Daaaas Boot Challenge!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best part of bacon flavor is the smokiness. So you could use a Rauchmalt (smoked malt) in the process and come up with a smoked beer. I've had a few and they are surprisingly (or not) delicious. Not quite bacon beer, but still very good.

So I still say to eat some bacon, and drink some (smoked) beer. You can buy smoked malt or make your own on a grill or smoker.

I made a beer with smoked hickory malt (did it myself). There's a thread on it somewhere, but I can't be bothered to find it (at least I'm honest!) It probably would have turned out well if it hadn't been Easter and late and I was the closest to drunk that I've ever brewed and so it wound up being like 8% and way too intense, in both body/alcohol and smoke. I'd like to try it again but haven't gotten around to it.

Bacon is totally a pre-boil ingredient.

I recommend cooking it, then finely chopping it in a food processor, and adding perhaps 1/2# or 1# into your mash for the full duration.

(Or, you can ask Reverend JC about the Cali Steam Beer he did using Bratwurst in the mash, it was damned tasty!)

I am on quite a few interweb forums (jeeps, broncos, machine tools, woodworking tools, etc.) and they all seem to have threads that break down to bacon at one time or another.

I think we should replace the current monetary standard with bacon, because Everyone loves the bacon.

My girl just came back from a few weeks in vermont, bringing back a bunch of beer (she visited 12 breweries) and bacon. I have never had corncob smoked bacon from a farm before, and it was better than any beer she brought back.
bacon ftw.

I also have a 2L das boot, and have never tried to chug it, to get on topic for a second.

I made a bacon explosion over the weekend.
Fry Bacon
Weave one pound of uncooked bacon into a blanket
Spread two pounds of sausage over bacon blanket
Cover with BBQ and crumple fried bacon over the BBQ sauce
Roll all of it into meat tube and pin it with toothpicks

Grill on low heat until it reaches 180 internal temp.
Cover with more BBQ and cook 15 more minutes

It you for some reason have no grill (WTF??)
Preheat oven to 375 then cook for an hour
cover with BBQ and cook for 15-20 more minutes.

Back