Custom Growlers + Infected Homebrew... Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TanMan15

Reaction score
Every year I make my family and friends a batch of home brew for Christmas. My in-laws have always given me their bottles back and asked me to fill them back up on my next batch, so this year I got custom stainless steel growlers made for them. The only problem is that the batch I filled them with ended up being infected. I don't have an issue with dumping most of my equipment, but I really don't want to dump these growlers. As a matter of fact, what I'd like to do is have them filled back up at a local brewery for that sake of having Christmas gifts to give out, but I'm worried about the infection.

I cleaned them with B-Brite and Star-Sans, but what are your thoughts? Is that enough to kill the infection before filling them back up? Anything else that I should do?

img_1167-jpg.603452

Attachments

• IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 155
Not sure about the lids but the bottles should take baking or boiling water. That should kill anything. Cleaning and soaking in Starsan should also be enough.

Back