Custom Growlers + Infected Homebrew... Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TanMan15

Reaction score
Every year I make my family and friends a batch of home brew for Christmas. My in-laws have always given me their bottles back and asked me to fill them back up on my next batch, so this year I got custom stainless steel growlers made for them. The only problem is that the batch I filled them with ended up being infected. I don't have an issue with dumping most of my equipment, but I really don't want to dump these growlers. As a matter of fact, what I'd like to do is have them filled back up at a local brewery for that sake of having Christmas gifts to give out, but I'm worried about the infection.

I cleaned them with B-Brite and Star-Sans, but what are your thoughts? Is that enough to kill the infection before filling them back up? Anything else that I should do?

img_1167-jpg.603452

Attachments

• IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 155
Not sure about the lids but the bottles should take baking or boiling water. That should kill anything. Cleaning and soaking in Starsan should also be enough.

Latest posts

Back