Creative ideas needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticz1

Reaction score
I am installing a keezer in my travel trailer. The wife mentions we should have taps outside of the trailer so we don't have to go inside to get beer, yeah I know I could not believe what I was hearing I had to have her repeat it. The part I am not having any luck with is the fact that I don't want taps hanging off the side of my camper. I am stuck and need ideas.

So you do want the external taps? or you don't? It's unclear since you say you dont want taps hanging off your trailer...

It would be an interesting project. You essentially want a plate of removable taps that you can remove when you leave the trailer or go mobile.

Or you could have a single line that ends in the trailer wall with a connection of some sort. Then have a picnic tap on a line that you can use when you dispense.

How big is this trailer?

I assume you mean you don't want taps hanging off the side of your camper while traveling. I wouldn't either because of all the dirt and bugs and other stuff that would get in them. You could just mount them on the exterior and then build a cover to go over the taps when you travel.

I was also thinking it would be cool to have some kind tap housing on the exterior that you could remove when you travel but I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe you could just have some quick connect ports that connect to a jockey box so you can keep your kegs inside and still dispense outside.

I DO want to be able to dispense from the outside of the trailer wall. I DON'T want tap faucets protruding permanently from the side of the wall. A recessed box with a weather tight cover would work. That would limit where they can be located, as the box would protrude inside the trailer and would have to do so inside of an existing cabinet.

I like the idea of QD's with a housing that would attach on the outside when in use and could be removed for travel.

As mentioned, a recessed box to hold your taps........Just make sure the recess is located in a lower cabinet, so as not to protrude into counter space and the like.

A friend of mine placed a jockey box inside one of the lower storage compartments for the beer taps to be accessed from the outside. he just used L-brackets to mount it securely inside. He used the compartment just below his dinner table seat, that way he could refill the ice from the inside of the camper and not have to remove the jockey box. It worked great when we took it out for our four wheeling trips.

How 'bout a stick.

Whoever has the stick pokes the other one and says, "Hey - get me a beer!"

Or...build a jockey box that swivels (like a James Bond license plate) or something from inside to outside so you can use it from whichever side is needed.

I am going to stop by my local marine dealer to see if they have anything like this. I think this will work, just have to figure out how to lock it. I have a cabinet that it will fit into and fortunately it is close to the freezer so line run will be short. I'll just mount the faucets in the back toward the top. It is completely sealed so that I can just rinse it out for cleaning.

Marine Storage Box.JPG

That looks like a perfect solution. I am sure you can add a lock to the exterior. Please keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back