Cream flavor in wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evlgenius74

Reaction score
i want to try making a strawberry and cream wine. is there any way to get a cream flavor into wine that anyone knows about? i understand this is a really strange request but im at a loss on this one.

nope. even at bottling the cream would instantly curdle. alcohol and cream just doesnt work. i may have found a solution that just might work though. pinnacle makes a vodka that is whipped cream flavored. gonna attempt that in the brew to see if it works.

may not work for the wine...though it may. will have to try it and see how it tastes. but worst case i can use it in my coffee stout...

i want to try making a strawberry and cream wine. is there any way to get a cream flavor into wine that anyone knows about? i understand this is a really strange request but im at a loss on this one.

If you can find it, you might try this yeast:

"Lalvin Simi-White : This is a popular choice for fruity white and rosé style wines. It can achieve 14% alcohol at 59-86° F. It is prized for its ester-producing aroma and flavor contribution to Chardonnay and has been described as contributing creamy fruit. It is highly affected by nutrient composition and juice handling procedures and has a tendency to produce a lot of foam."

I'm pretty sure that Wyeast and/or White Labs have something equal to (if not the same strain), but I'm not as familiar with those brands; might be worth doing a little research though.
Regards, GF.

Condensed milk maybe? I made a white chocolate strawberry cream liqueur once with it and certainly didn't have any trouble with curdling.

Thanks for the heads up on that yeast--it may come in handy :D

Back