Crazy Hopsdirect Sale Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got tracking number today. I had 2 pounds of columbus in my order, but it looks like they changed it to 1pound themselves due to the 1pound limit

shipping for 4pounds was $13 and change

Uh-oh...not looking forward to the shipping quote for my 11 pounds to Canada...

Hehe, I bet it's gonna just be 7 bucks more or so. The USPS website shows Priority Mail International (which is what mine shipped as) costs $12.95 for a small box, $32.95 for a Medium Box which I presume mine was, and that holds up to 20lbs. The Large Box is only $39.95.

Not the worst, not the best ;) Still a huge savings though!

finally got shipping confirmation, should be here wednesday
guess my barleywine/esb partigyle will have to wait until next saturday

When I ordered 8 pounds from yakimavalleyhops.com I think it was $11 dollars shipping for flat rate box.

Interesting link from Niko, prices for Amarillo and Citra are crazy!
I still havent seen better deals for all the other varities then yakimavalleyhops tho.

still waiting for my shipping quote to Mexico. My guess is they don't sell to Mexico or something, as this is my second try at scoring hops with them and even tried reaching them via email long before this order.

I'm more than happy with $1/oz shipped pricing for pelletized hops. Means I'll only use $2-$5 per 5 gallon batch in hop cost and 5 lbs I bought will make about 25 batches!

Link doesn't work, I'm interested in whats there though.

That's bizarre...looks like the thread was removed...it's not there anymore.
Anyway, here's the gist of it (to the best of my memory):

Niko posted "Have Amarillo, Citra, etc at homebrew prices" Some were over $30/lb
A bunch of people said "$30/lb? Are you nuts?"
He said he paid double or 2.5x as much for a very limited supply and isn't trying to rip people off, just offering them to probrewers as well who may be in need.
Some were still mad, some talked about supply & demand, etc.
The last post was a guy saying that the crop for some of these rare ones was down this year, and even guys with forward contracts only got 50-75% of their contracted order. Part of doing business when your recipes involve proprietary hops. Quit whining or use other hops. Niko is running a business too and is trying to respond to demand.

Whether you agree/disagree with the prices, Niko was tactful and sincere, at least IMO.

Packaged up my hops in 2 oz vacuum sealed bags. All of my pounds were over. The ultra I got weighed in at a whopping 21 ounces!!!

TyTanium said:
That's bizarre...looks like the thread was removed...it's not there anymore.
Anyway, here's the gist of it.
Niko posted "Have Amarillo, Citra, etc at homebrew prices, $30/lb"
A bunch of people said "$30/lb? Are you nuts?"
He said he paid double or 2.5x as much for a very limited supply and isn't trying to rip people off, just offering them to probrewers as well who may be in need. Because of his high costs, he was offering at homebrew prices.
Some were still mad, some talked about supply & demand, etc.
The last post was a guy saying that the crop for some of these rare ones was down this year, and even guys with forward contracts in place only got 50-75% of their contracted order. Part of doing business when your recipes involve proprietary hops. Quit whining or use other hops. Niko is running a business too and is trying to respond to demand.

+1 Ty. Yes, his prices seem high but I'm sure he paid quite a bit for those varieties. If people don't want to spend that, find a suitable replacement. Complaining wont bring the prices back down. Hopefully this will be a better year.

Yeah that's what I'm talking about when I say "depends on how many middle men there are". So he's not gouging but maybe the place he bought from was gouging. Either way I'll just brew a different beer if I can't get the hops I want.

anyone else still waiting for tracking number?

Trying to stay patient... I regret telling them that my order wasn't a "priority" because I will get it next day after it ships anyways, but I was planning on brewing this weekend heh.

akimbo78 said:
anyone else still waiting for tracking number?

I was told mine was going out today, and they are going to try and find another pound of a couple of sold out hops for me.

At this point, with my pale on the yeast cake for 4 weeks I guess its not getting the legacy hops

i've exchanged e-mails with them and they told me that my hops were shipped either yesterday or today but they haven't sent me a tracking number. i'm not too worried about it. they'll get here when they get here. like others i was hoping to use them in this weekend's brew but between my late order, a special request, and how busy they must be i'm happy that they were able to get them out as fast as they did.

landed today... broke out the pound of cascade and it's 18 oz on the dot... that was the lightest of the bags... the others have 4 extra ounces in them.

pretty sure i'm done ordering anywhere else unless i need something specialty - great service, quick ship, nice prices and bonus ounces of hops. what's not to like?

Well they emailed me and apologized and said my shipment goes out on Monday. I think they are messing with me now haha. It's all good though, the fact I have beers going on that don't require these hops helps a lot

All three pounds I ordered came in yesterday. Each bag was 2-1/2 to 3 ounces over. My freezer looks much better now.

Cheers!

Got my tracking info! I knew should have mentioned I was having it delivered to a buisiness, now I am paying the 5 dollar home delivery charge and I would have had my hops yesterday but they attempted to deliver them after business hours (having it delivered to my work).

*sigh* je ont...

LOL so I have my tracking number, I'm watching it move up some 100 miles closer to me (I'm just across the border in Canada), then two days later it's now in San Francisco California. Wtf...just throw the thing across the border and I'll get it already!

Now I need to wait another few days to get BACK up here, yeesh...usps...

mine landed safely friday - broke down the bags and the lightest one was 18.5 oz. i will buy here again for sure.

Back