Crazy Hopsdirect Sale Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a $20 Foodsaver Handheld and a wide mouth jar attachment ($10) and plan on storing the hops in mason jars. I've read that people have good results storing hops this way.

I just grabbed 3 lbs of a few pellet varieties... how long can I keep them in the freezer (i don't have a vacuum sealer)?

Just ordered.
Hops direct is my go-to for bulk hops!!
I love how heavy the pounds are at Hops Direct too!!:rockin:
I got :
Amarillo
Centennial
Columbus
Crystal
Galena
Glacier
Golding + 1
Hallertau Gr
Williamete
Organic Hallertau

Amarillo, Centennial, Columbus, Nugget and Magnum. Only ever used Amarillo so I hope I don't get stuck with 4# rabbit food.

Picked up 1 each of Centennial and Amarillo. Figure with how scarce Centennial is/will be better get it while it is good.

first bulk hop buy... centennial, cascade, columbus, and nugget... it's gonna be a hoppy summer!

Thank Rhamilton and JWW

I just bought a $20 Foodsaver Handheld and a wide mouth jar attachment ($10) and plan on storing the hops in mason jars. I've read that people have good results storing hops this way.

20$ for a foodsaver? I always pictured them to be way more expensive. I'm sure I will have one soon thanks!

i placed an order (6#) just moments ago, here's hoping they do ship to mexico. You can't get anywhere close to those prices around here

3# for me;
super galena, colombus, and apollo. all hops i've never brewed with. here's hoping i like them

the pound prices on all three were less than the 2oz price at my LHBS.

i have 20 some odd pounds in my freezer already, couldn't help myself vanguard for $3.50 and Millenium for for $4.20 a pound? Really? I had to buy those just on principle alone.

Also, Glacier on the cheap too? Is this heaven?

Similar thing here. We pay anywhere from $4 to $6 for two ounces of pellets in non-vaccuum packed little baggies.

Another similar situation for me. I could not pass up a pound of hops for the price of 2 ounces...

Just bought a pound each of Hallertau, Magnum, Amarillo, and Columbus. Between those and my homegrown Cascades and Centennials I will be set up pretty good!

thinking about going back for hallertau and a few more... ugh...

You can e-mail them -- just reply to your order confirmation. I asked for 1# Vanguard to be added and they replied within 10 minutes letting me know it had been added. They also mentioned it would take 2-3 days to ship since "We're getting slammed with orders right now."

I can't imagine that they made much of a profit. Sure they sold probably a ton of hops, but crazy cheap. I got a pound of citra, vanguard, and ultra for $30 WITH shipping. That's pretty much what a pound of citra is selling for currently, so in my mind I got 2 free pounds of hops. Damn right

Haha yup. Just realized that. Anyone get the ultra? Haven't used it before, but it sounds like a higher alpha version of mt hood

Haha yup. Just realized that. Anyone get the ultra? Haven't used it before, but it sounds like a higher alpha version of mt hood

I really really wanted the Ultra since it's AA% is jacked up this year. Should be great as a Belgian bittering hop. Crap it's only $6. Guess I'm emailing them again :(

Back