Crazy Hopsdirect Sale Today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received shipping confirmation but no indication of cost. Guess I'll find out when the credit card statement comes. 11 pounds of hops...better get started on some IIPAs.

My 3 lbs of hops just arrived at my door! Shipped on the 19th and arrived in Canada on the 23rd, sweet!

I haven't taken them out of their bags yet to portion out, so bear in mind the bags must weigh something. But the lightest of the 3 is 17.6oz's, the heaviest is 19.2oz.

So excited! :D

My shipment departed 4/19 from Troutdale, Or but I haven't heard nor seen any update since then.:(

I'm surprised you guys haven't gotten yours yet. I live on the other side of the country(pa) and I got mine 5 days ago. They must be shipping out in the order they were received. On the plus side, your patience will be rewarded with ridiculously overweight pounds. My pound of ultra was 21oz!

My shipment departed 4/19 from Troutdale, Or but I haven't heard nor seen any update since then.:(

Same here, But mine shipped on the 18th. On Friday, it said estimated delivery was 4-21. Now the estimated delivery note is gone and it still says in transit from OR:confused:

I'm sure it will show eventually

I placed my order around 11am cst on the 13th and still haven't heard anything. No tracking number, no sorry we ran out of hops, nothing.

TimTrone said:
I'm surprised you guys haven't gotten yours yet. I live on the other side of the country(pa) and I got mine 5 days ago. They must be shipping out in the order they were received. On the plus side, your patience will be rewarded with ridiculously overweight pounds. My pound of ultra was 21oz!

Definitely not.....I ordered pretty much down to the wire and paid on Monday through Papal. I got my doing confirmation on Thursday or Fridayandd out should be in my hands on this Wednesday per FedEx...so there is no rhyme or reason I can see to shipping orders.

have you sent them a quick e-mail inquiring about the status of your order?

they've been incredibly responsive to my e-mails.

I just did, I only waited this long because I figured they got swamped with orders. Then I got to worrying that I may not get my centennial because they lost my order or something.
We'll see what they say I guess.

Edit: A couple hours later and I got my shipping info. No response from the email I sent so I can only assume I jumped the gun.

I called them today and was told the remainder of the purchases from the yard sale will be shipped tomorrow.

Mine shipped today, and I am a little irked about the shipping time...

Order was placed early morning in the 13th, then it took 10 days to ship... My card was charged 3 days ago, and I expected it to ship that day. I understand they were busy, but I made my brewing plans around the 5-7 day shipping estimate that they claimed.

So now I don't have hops for my upcoming brews...

:off:

something weird is going on with this thread, for me - i can't get to page 22. when i click the link or hack the URL to take me to 22, i get a reload of 21. i'm on 21, click on 22, and get served 21 again (even though the link points to /index22.html).

so this is a test message to see if i post something, will the page refresh to 22...

EDIT: seems to have worked - but i'm the only post on 22. so it looks like a link to 22 was created, but there was no actual page 22, so there was nothing to load. all this to say: as you were, AKA nevermind.

Hmm! I ordered 3 pounds but the tracking says the box weighs 8 pounds. Maybe there is a surprise in there.

:off:

something weird is going on with this thread, for me - i can't get to page 22. when i click the link or hack the URL to take me to 22, i get a reload of 21. i'm on 21, click on 22, and get served 21 again (even though the link points to /index22.html).

so this is a test message to see if i post something, will the page refresh to 22...

EDIT: seems to have worked - but i'm the only post on 22. so it looks like a link to 22 was created, but there was no actual page 22, so there was nothing to load. all this to say: as you were, AKA nevermind.

You're not alone, this happened to me on page 21, until there was a new post.

getting back on topic: i got a shipment notification today. last week HD told me that they would ship me order "Thursday, or Friday at the latest" but according to the FexEx e-mail I just got, it went out on Monday (yesterday). guess things got crazy there again. important thing is that i'll have them by the weekend. now the question becomes "to dry-hop with amarillo, or not to dry-hop with amarillo..."

Order was placed early morning in the 13th, then it took 10 days to ship... My card was charged 3 days ago, and I expected it to ship that day. I understand they were busy, but I made my brewing plans around the 5-7 day shipping estimate that they claimed.

Purchase @ retail price and not during one of the biggest/best sales on the internets..... Problem solved!

Got mine on Saturday and I had placed my order 5 minutes after the sale began. I live in Mass so its not like I am close by. Could not be happier with my hops, though!

These internet anomalies will increase in frequency as the end of the Mayan calendar approaches. It's true. Nostradamus said so.

Hops Direct is a participant. The 19 oz pound accelerates the frequency of the anomaly. Proof!

I checked the tracking again today and it says they are out for delivery. I am going to fire up the HLT right now!

Just got my 3 pounds!

One is vacuum sealed the other two have "air" in them. Are those two filled with nitro?

Talk about being a prepared brewer! See if the mailman will drop it off into your BK for you!

My hops just showed up! I am going to use some Amarillo additions at the end of the boil. I am also dry hopping 10 gals with Amarillo. I will have some delicious beer shortly! I am sure glad I have more hops!

I ordered some hops from them yesterday (Calypso and Columbus) and it looks like it's up to a 5-7 business day wait for processing, then I have to wait for shipping. I don't even have the time to brew yet, but I want them.

Just got my 3 pounds!

One is vacuum sealed the other two have "air" in them. Are those two filled with nitro?

I'd be interested to know this as well. None of mine are vacuum sealed, all have some air in them. But is it just air, or is it nitro? If it's just air, I might as well open them and repackage into smaller lots. If it's nitro or something non-oxidizing I should wait as I won't need to use them for a month or so probably.

I just tracked my 4lb order and it's shipping weight is 8lbs. I sure hope it's more hops! Won't get mine until Friday, but that's cool, I can still brew this weekend.

I just tracked my 4lb order and it's shipping weight is 8lbs. I sure hope it's more hops! Won't get mine until Friday, but that's cool, I can still brew this weekend.

I've never gotten less than about 20 oz per (1) lb bag from them, but certainly never 2 lbs. Also, how the **** did I miss this thread/deal. ****!!!

My bags were between 535 and 545 grams. I purchased 3 lbs. 454 grams is a pound, but I don't know how much the bags weigh. I am sure I only got an extra ounce each, if that.

rhamilton said:
Purchase @ retail price and not during one of the biggest/best sales on the internets..... Problem solved!

If you aren't smart enough to understand the problem, then you clearly aren't smart enough to offer valid solutions.

It's pretty easy to understand the problem. Their standard 5-7 day ship time that is ALWAYS on their website wasn't accurate during the sale. I guess the blame lies on them for not changing their website information during their Friday the 13th sale. Shame on them..

Just got my 3 pounds!

From their website:

We pelletize our own hops here on the farm, in our "California Pellet Mill" after harvest. We process T-90 hop pellets and package into (4.2m) multi-layered, high barrier mylar bags with a nitrogen flush. We are in the process of moving from a tight, hard vacuum to the newer industry standard "soft packs".

My guess is the soft bags are flushed with nitro.

folks, i wouldn't get too excited about seeing your orders listed as heavier on fedex. that weight includes packing materials, and is likely rounded up - if you ship a 7.5 lbs order, you pay for 8 pounds and it's listed as such. so there might be up to 1 pound of extra hops (because those bags are clocking in a 18-20 oz each) on a 4 pound order, but that isn't a full 4 pounds of free hops they're sending you.

regarding air vs. nitro... we should ask them, instead of speculating (EDIT: or check their website...)

onthekeg said:
It's pretty easy to understand the problem. Their standard 5-7 day ship time that is ALWAYS on their website wasn't accurate during the sale. I guess the blame lies on them for not changing their website information during their Friday the 13th sale. Shame on them..

Or at least an email to those who purchased. The last email I received from them told me that they would ship out by last week, which would have gotten me the hops in time for my brew days.

I can understand being busy, but a little communication would have been greatly appreciated.

Also, this morning it would have been 7 business days from your order, April 13th was a Friday. It clearly says ‘business days’ on their webpage.

So if they shipped yesterday they are still within the window.

You cant really bash HD for this, they are a relatively small operation and were absolutely slammed for this sale. If you want to take your business elsewhere, thats just more hops that all us happy customers can buy!

kpr121 said:
Also, this morning it would have been 7 business days from your order, April 13th was a Friday. It clearly says ‘business days’ on their webpage.

So if they shipped yesterday they are still within the window.

You cant really bash HD for this, they are a relatively small operation and were absolutely slammed for this sale. If you want to take your business elsewhere, thats just more hops that all us happy customers can buy!

They told me in an email that the order would ship last Thursday.

Back