Craigslist find question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't use aluminum kegs for my brew... Stainless steel is the best option, when using kegs. If you wanted to convert one into a HLT, you could, provided there's nothing inside that will melt when heat gets applied to it. Just be sure to condition it before using it as such.

Of course, you could get some, and turn them into other things. Grain storage units, chairs/stools, rain water catches, etc...

I don't know why you couldn't except for the curved bottoms. You'd have to come up with a stand they fit squarely onto I'd imagine. Lots of us use aluminum to brew in. I wonder if they are really aluminum or the guy just thinks they are because of the dull color. The top left keg (photo on left) looks pretty shiny for aluminum more like SS. If he's close by you ought to go check them out

I would use them for storage and to age brews. I have one and have contemplated using it for grain storage but they don't like to stand vertical and will roll around without a stand.

Back