CraftBeerPi - Raspberry Pi Software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the voltage and that it is connected correctly plus to plus, etc.. are you using the shield or direct to the gpio? What's your power supply voltage and amperage?

im using direct gpio, do you mean raspberry's power supply?
is an 5v 2,1A simple Powe supply

To import, click the steps icon, then on the left side, there's an import link, click that. It should ask you to import a file. My pi is disconnected so I can't check actual verbiage, but this should get you to the correct screen.

Yeah I did another reinstall, the upload button appeared. Can't save the file yet, but think that is coming in next version??

Printed on the top of the input side of your SSR, what is the voltage range? (Usually around 3-24vdc)

It's possible that you're underpowering the input. Thus there's enough power to trigger the LED, but not enough to fully engage the SSR.

Printed on the top of the input side of your SSR, what is the voltage range? (Usually around 3-24vdc)

It's possible that you're underpowering the input. Thus there's enough power to trigger the LED, but not enough to fully engage the SSR.

3-24 correct but how can reduce the voltage?

I had some Fotek (fake, maybe) SSRs that didn't work with the 3v supplied by RPi pins. Light comes on but no function. I swapped them with Auber models and they work fine that low.

I have the same maybe fotek ssr Can i use 5v 10a relay for 1800watt heater ??

Are you using 110v or 220v? If you're using 110, then, no you can't.

1800 watts / 110 volts = 16.36 amps

1800 watts / 220 volts = 8.18 amps

Even at 220, it's more than 80% load and prolly against most codes.

Im using 220v

Remember the 80% rule is for 3 hours continuous use.

Remember the 80% rule is for 3 hours continuous use.

Code? 80% rule? he's asking about a SSR and it sounds like you guys are talking about circuit breakers.

Im using 220v

As pointed out above, that's 8.18A and within the spec for that SSR. (Assuming that it is a correctly speced SSR, not a poorly made knock-off)

@TallDan, Sorry for any confusion. It's my mistake that I was assuming Panzo meant "Could he use a mechanical relay (similar to a sainsmart) instead of an SSR."

@TheKraken, Thanks! I forgot that stipulation.

@panzo, Awesome!

I saw some discussion about a adding a water flow sensor as an upcoming feature.

I was wondering about getting a low water cutoff sensor added as a safety feature? I am looking at building an eBIAB setup for a friend who has gotten the brewing bug and anything i can added to save him frustration in the future.

Craftbrewpi looks like a solution. When i built my Kal clone years ago my only real option was a BC460 for a web based controller.

Thanks!

Is anyone here using V3 of CBP? I want to develop some automation and wondering if I should just go with 3.1 alpha.

Hi Guys!

I have noob question. My refresh rate of the temp probes is 10 sec. Is there a way I can alter this? 1 sec or 500ms maybe?

Could someone clarify cbp2.2 and cbp3.0 iPad support:
for older iPads in safari?
for older iPads in an App?
other possible options?

I cannot justify a new ones when three old ones work fine otherwise, v1 is 5.5, v2/3 are 8.x and 9.x , and they are cheaper and larger than a tiny touchscreen to add to a r-pi...

other possible options?

I cannot justify a new ones when three old ones work fine otherwise, v1 is 5.5, v2/3 are 8.x and 9.x , and they are cheaper and larger than a tiny touchscreen to add to a r-pi...

Neither version will work well in iPad 1 with latest compatible iOS. I’ve tried. Unfortunately, I’m not sure what minimum iOS version is needed for it to work.

other possible options?

iPad2 running iOS 9.3.5 with no issues so far, although yet to run an actual brew session yet.

I'm using Craftbeerpi v.3.0. Are there features missing from this version that are in 2.2? Is the recipe book missing in Version 3.0? I don't see it. Any other features that might be missing or moved/hidden?

I thought we could search for text in a thread on the forum, but after the upgrade, I'm not seeing that it's possible anymore.

I'm using Craftbeerpi v.3.0. Are there features missing from this version that are in 2.2? Is the recipe book missing in Version 3.0? I don't see it. Any other features that might be missing or moved/hidden?

I thought we could search for text in a thread on the forum, but after the upgrade, I'm not seeing that it's possible anymore.

Yeah you can't keep the recipes, but I just put them on a thumb drive and pull them as I need.

Thanks to Manual... CBPI3 & Doug... Elsinore Strangebrew ...I can run either brewery on my PI!
The brewery has been running great after a few hiccups, mostly cheap chinese dallas ds18b20 sensors giving me headaches...

I recently added a I2C LCD 4X20 SCREEN ...why not its like $12.00 :yes: and got Alexa app "somewhat working" pretty cool! bought a $30 dot on Black Fri just for the brewery.

The touch screen tablet off ebay, is a kids 20" ..POS... yes piece of @#$% ;) Nambi in "Mommy mode" hey all I need is a browser and yes it does work for that ;-) I keep it plugged in but has a 10 min tablet life unplugged :rolleyes:

Cheers to all you guys and gals who love the craft as much as I do, thank you for all your inspiration!!!!!!!!

I thought I would share some photos, latest transition ;-)

IMG_20171023_220557.jpg
IMG_20171105_124757.jpg

Hello I have been trying to setup pt100s on my cbpi v3 setup. I am using the max31865 boards and I believe I have it wired correctly. The sensors up show a value of -428.8 but nothing i am select in the setup changes the value. I'm not even sure the pi is even reciving any data. Has anyone had any luck with this setup? How did you do it? Please help

Hello I have been trying to setup pt100s on my cbpi v3 setup. I am using the max31865 boards and I believe I have it wired correctly. The sensors up show a value of -428.8 but nothing i am select in the setup changes the value. I'm not even sure the pi is even reciving any data. Has anyone had any luck with this setup? How did you do it? Please help
Nevermind I was reading the install wrong i had the wrong pins it's working now

Alright I got my PT100s wired correctly (fairly sure) using Max31865 boards I use a total of 5 PT100 sensors in my setup and it seems I can only get 3 at a time working. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the software? Anyone use more than 3 pt100s? I tested the wiring have switched the cs cables on the boards working and non working gpi and proven they are wired for as I received data from all the boards. I am running v3. Boards in GPIO pins 23, 24, 25 work while boards plugged into pins 22 and 27 do not work (nothing shows up) also tried pins 3 and 4 (nothing as well).

Last edited:
Alright I got my PT100s wired correctly (fairly sure) using Max31865 boards I use a total of 5 PT100 sensors in my setup and it seems I can only get 3 at a time working. Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the software? Anyone use more than 3 pt100s? I tested the wiring have switched the cs cables on the boards working and non working gpi and proven they are wired for as I received data from all the boards. I am running v3. Boards in GPIO pins 23, 24, 25 work while boards plugged into pins 22 and 27 do not work (nothing shows up) also tried pins 3 and 4 (nothing as well).
I ended up clearing the cbpi database and starting over and moving from pins 22,27 to 7,8. Doing this i got all 5 to show up. The software is very buggy with this as I tried the same wired setup before I cleared the database and nothing showed up.

new user, just did my install earlier this evening. still working on building out the hardware wise for my 3 vessel eHERMS setup so can't speak to that much yet (all i have wired so far is a new 30a dryer outlet and a spa panel with a plug/pigtail wired on, but i've purchased 95% of my electronics and am about to order most of the stainless bits and bobs that i'll need to finish the build over the next few months) ...posting to say that the craftbeerpi setup was a breeze, and i'm looking forward to getting to use it for real in the future. I was originally leaning toward strangebrew elsinore but like the active community for caftbeerpi so decided to go this route instead.

Back