Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnnyhitch1 is up!

ANY:
La Cumbre (Pref: Elevated, Project Dank)
DC brau (Pref: OTWOA)
Wicked Weed
Alpine
Pizza Port
Crowlers (Fresh Ipas or stouts)
Hardywood (Pref: Stouts)
Cascade
Funky Buddah
Modern Times Bottles
Toppling Goliath
Drakes
Epic (Pref: Fruited)
Double Mountain (Pref: Kriek)
Avery Pump[KY]n (allowed?)
Mike Hess (Pref: IPAs)
De Garde

Will take 1 as a hit:
Good Gourd
Any Shramms Mead
Any Trillium
Any Barrel Aged Clown Shoe (Shelf Sleepers?)

Anything with coffee, coconut, maple, fruit, stupid adjuncts.
Prefer FRESH IPAs, Stouts, Sours, Saisons

PumpKYn might be pushing it as it is a limited release. However, it was everywhere in Denver during GABF. I didn't pick any up as I prefer Rumpkin. But I probably should have.

PumpKYn has also been a dumper for a lot of people, so that certainly tones down the rarity.

I didn't think it was bad. Just not a Rumpkin. I can see why they wanted to expand the concept.

I had a glass in Avery's taproom and thought it was ok. Anyone expecting it to be smooth and drinkable must not have seen the 17.22% ABV on the label.

Could be great with some age on it.

I didn't think it was bad. Just not a Rumpkin. I can see why they wanted to expand the concept.

I had a glass in Avery's taproom and thought it was ok. Anyone expecting it to be smooth and drinkable must not have seen the 17.22% ABV on the label.

Could be great with some age on it.

How long was it in the barrel (if you know?) I wouldn't even think of drinking something that big without a year on it.

How long was it in the barrel (if you know?) I wouldn't even think of drinking something that big without a year on it.

I thought I over heard them saying 6 months. I know they rarely go over 6 on any of their barrels.

Rumpkin was a hot mess, just the way I like them. :drunk:

But seriously, it is hard to enjoy something that big when it is fresh. It needs time, which it will get. The 5 ounce pour I had in their taproom was hot.

Then one of the bartenders hands me a PumpKYn and says they mispoured it.

Needless to say, we stayed in Boulder for a few more hours before getting to Denver.

btw Voodoo maple doughnut beer is not that bad as long as your bottle isn't skunked, which is about 50% of them. I've had one that made me want to puke and one that was drinkable.

I've had bottles from bad batches and skunked bottles that have terrible off flavors... Nothing wrong with drain pouring a beer that tastes like cleaning solution

Ha! I still have a bottle of that, only because I am not sure how to dispose of it.

10lbs of tannerite and a hazmat suit? I still have nightmares about that beer, and the bottle I got wasn't skunked. I have poured 2 beers in my life, this one and Egyptian Stella.

24lb bomb landed on my doorstep today from Sandstonecity!
Thank you so much! What an excellent excellent box! I did a little dance when I opened it!
So much fun, new stuff!

image.jpg

Her state law would be applied. However, that doesn't mean she couldn't drink the beer. Minors are allowed to drink, generally, in their own homes with the permission of their parents. Plus nobody is going to get busted for underage drinking because they have a beer while watching television in their apartment. The arresting happens when minors try to buy beer, drink and drive, or get roudy and cause a disturbance. I have never heard of police busting into anyone's house to arrest a teenager for having a beer. They've got a lot more important things to worry about. :D

Detailed reviews on each and every one. Only had, and cloned, the Nitro. Sorry..this was not the quote i thought...

Got an awesome eMAW package from wolfhound180. I've had exactly none of these. Intrigued by the Pipeworks

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1412987659.669561.jpg

Thanks

I'd love to get in on this! I'm in Maine and we've got some pretty good stuff around the area! If Maine MAW happens I'll happily chip in!

I'd love to get in on this! I'm in Maine and we've got some pretty good stuff around the area! If Maine MAW happens I'll happily chip in!

Read the first page with the rules. You qualify, so see if you can grab 2 or more beers on the current list. If so, claim it according to the rules and then post your list. If you can't claim the current list, just check back for future lists.

Current list bump

ANY:
La Cumbre (Pref: Elevated, Project Dank)
DC brau (Pref: OTWOA)
Wicked Weed
Alpine
Pizza Port
Crowlers (Fresh Ipas or stouts)
Hardywood (Pref: Stouts)
Cascade
Funky Buddah
Modern Times Bottles
Toppling Goliath
Drakes
Epic (Pref: Fruited)
Double Mountain (Pref: Kriek)
Avery Pump[KY]n (allowed?)
Mike Hess (Pref: IPAs)
De Garde

Will take 1 as a hit:
Good Gourd
Any Shramms Mead
Any Trillium
Any Barrel Aged Clown Shoe (Shelf Sleepers?)

Anything with coffee, coconut, maple, fruit, stupid adjuncts.
Prefer FRESH IPAs, Stouts, Sours, Saisons

how's that coconut PB stout?

If your referring to the Chocolate PB Stout in my sig, I have not brewed t yet. I have all the ingredients, just have not had the chance to brew yet.

We are gearing up for Halloween. I am making costumes for my son and myself, I do this every year. We go up to the Memphis Zoo for Zoo Boo. After next weekend I will brew and let you know how it turns out.

If your referring to the Chocolate PB Stout in my sig, I have not brewed t yet. I have all the ingredients, just have not had the chance to brew yet.

We are gearing up for Halloween. I am making costumes for my son and myself, I do this every year. We go up to the Memphis Zoo for Zoo Boo. After next weekend I will brew and let you know how it turns out.

Yep that one! my mistake, can't read early am. I'm lightly interested in this type of beer. never had one and i'm curious how the PB comes through.

Latest posts

Back