Craft Beer MAW(Easy Version)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crawling out from under the rubble of my house after getting bombed... Here's a tease of what the chef sent. I'll open after dinner... ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400800047.407585.jpg

The homebrew are P=Pliny clone brewed with conan yeast and the W is my Wookey clone. The Pliny is melt your teeth bitter and the Wookey is super citrusy.

Pliny with Conan yeast? N8 and I have that ready to keg right now. Can't wait to try it and we have fellow local homebrewers waiting for it to be ready.

N8 has been trying to get me to commit to an EMAW all week, knowing we can totally grant at least 4-6 brews on the list. But he already did one or two and I have been two swamped to try my hand at one and come up with my own list to post. But I see it has sat all week now.

Sooooo, I can grant the current EMAW but I'm leaving for Bend in the morning so can't shop for the items on the list until Monday/Tuesday so wouldn't ship til next week. And can't put my list up until tomorrow morning if I have time, but more likely Mon/Tue. But for your patience you would get something from Bend as well as homebrews, 4-6 CA/OR/WA beers from the list and some other portland/astoria fresh goodness. PM me your info once someone acknowledges my rambling post counts as acceptance. :) N8 will hold my hand on my first one and I imagine will chime in tomorrow from work when he sees my post.

Okay, about to leave for Bend, and its f’in raining. WTF? As for my list, I’m on untapped, questing for 2500, so basically what I am looking for is beers I haven’t tried yet.

-Founders KBS and CBS, backwards bastard, imperial stout, double trouble, curmudgeon, devil dancer
-Troeggs any except Nugget Nector (although that was awesome and I wouldn’t hate another)
-Bell’s any except Hopslam & Java and Expedition Stouts (again, awesome, just already had them) Just saw their black note stout on untappd and it sounds awesome.
-The Bruery any except Sour in the Rye which I just put in the cellar and autumn maple which I’ve already had
-Prairie any except the Birra, N8 just got a few of those in his emaw
-Sixpoint (any since they always have untapped badges and we don’t get them here)
-New Glarus any
-Crooked Stave, Pipeworks, Surly, Three Floyds, Hill Farmstead, Allagash, etc. would love one of all the beers everyone else posts of course but assume the above should already make this grantable.
-Funkwerks any. Really any non Portland Sour would be great.

Fill the box with Imperial IPAs, Stouts, Porters, Reds, Browns that I can’t get in Portland and I will be happy. The regular ipas, reds, browns are hit and miss, I like the stronger versions. We have some good distribution here and thousands of our own choices, but any imperial would float my boat. And 12s are great over 22s or growlers since it means more beers to try. I’m closing in on 2000 unique beers on untapped so 2500 is a distant goal, but one worth attaining.

Speaking of badges on untappd, if anyone has any good Louisiana beers, I would love one. Had some abita beers for the bayou badge, and abita sucks. There is a magic hat badge for their dream machine, if someone has one of those that would be sweet for this badge whore.

Nickfern pm me your info, I'll get back to you Sunday/Monday. If anyone picks mine up that fast please read that I won't pm you my info right away, it will be Monday/Tuesday.

Okay, about to leave for Bend, and its f’in raining. WTF? As for my list, I’m on untapped, questing for 2500, so basically what I am looking for is beers I haven’t tried yet.

-Founders KBS and CBS, backwards bastard, imperial stout, double trouble, curmudgeon, devil dancer
-Troeggs any except Nugget Nector (although that was awesome and I wouldn’t hate another)
-Bell’s any except Hopslam & Java and Expedition Stouts (again, awesome, just already had them) Just saw their black note stout on untappd and it sounds awesome.
-The Bruery any except Sour in the Rye which I just put in the cellar and autumn maple which I’ve already had
-Sixpoint (any since they always have untapped badges and we don’t get them here)
-New Glarus any
-Crooked Stave, Pipeworks, Surly, Three Floyds, Hill Farmstead, Allagash, etc. would love one of all the beers everyone else posts of course but assume the above should already make this grantable.

Fill the box with Imperial IPAs, Stouts, Porters, Reds, Browns that I can’t get in Portland and I will be happy. The regular ipas, reds, browns are hit and miss, I like the stronger versions. We have some good distribution here and thousands of our own choices, but any imperial would float my boat. And 12s are great over 22s or growlers since it means more beers to try. I’m closing in on 2000 unique beers on untapped so 2500 is a distant goal, but one worth attaining.

Speaking of badges on untappd, if anyone has any good Louisiana beers, I would love one. Had some abita beers for the bayou badge, and abita sucks. There is a magic hat badge for their dream machine, if someone has one of those that would be sweet for this badge whore.

Nickfern pm me your info, I'll get back to you Sunday/Monday. If anyone picks mine up that fast please read that I won't pm you my info right away, it will be Monday/Tuesday.

You need to have 100 posts to be able to grant, so you are ineligible to grant.

-New Glarus any

You need 78 more posts to participate

-New Glarus any

Hopefully you haven't sent any beer out yet. As someone noted earlier, you need 100 posts in order to grant a wish. So this list is still unfilled. Go answer some questions in the beginner's forum and get to 100 posts, then come back.

Cheers!

Edit: Haha, I think we made our point...

-New Glarus any

In addition to post count, the spirit of this thread is "easy" MAW. Therefore, KBS is not really one you should list. I would also say Hopslam because it's seasonal and often tough to find (someone correct me) as well as Backwoods Bastard would not be within the spirit of this thread as far as I know. Also not sure about Hill Farmstead but my perception could be wrong.

So once you hit 100, be sure to scroll through some of the pages of the thread to see what people ask for and know that if you're not sure, it is cool to ask. Tired Hands wasn't allowed at one time and now it is so things could change for sure.

List bump:
Additions + list bump.

Russian River - Fresh Blind Pig or PTE
3F - Artic Panzer Wolf, Dreadnaught
Spiteful Brewing - Any
Cigar City - Invasion Pale Ale, Humidor Series IPA, Maduro Brown Ale, Tocobaga Red Ale
Funky Buddha - Any
Miami Brewing Company - Big Rod Coconut, Gator Tail, Shark Bait, Vice IPA
The Alchemist - Any
Lawson's Finest Liquids - Any
Alesmith - XPA
Alaskan Brewing - HopThermia
Coronado Brewing - Any IPA/DIPA
Terrapin - Hi-5
Surly - IPA/DIPA/Coffee Bender
Ninkasi - IPA/DIPA
Half Acre - Any except Daisy Cutter
Against The Grain - Citra Ass Down
Toppling Goliath - IPA/DIPA
Left Hand - Homefront IPA
Drake's - IPA/DIPA
Great Divide - Espresso Yeti
Maine Beer Co. - Lunch, Dinner (Maybe?)

In addition to post count, the spirit of this thread is "easy" MAW. Therefore, KBS is not really one you should list. I would also say Hopslam because it's seasonal and often tough to find (someone correct me) as well as Backwoods Bastard would not be within the spirit of this thread as far as I know. Also not sure about Hill Farmstead but my perception could be wrong.

So once you hit 100, be sure to scroll through some of the pages of the thread to see what people ask for and know that if you're not sure, it is cool to ask. Tired Hands wasn't allowed at one time and now it is so things could change for sure.

List bump:

How 'bout CBS?! I LoL'd at that one :p

In case no one's told you yet, you don't meet the post criteria to grant yet. ;)
-Founders KBS and CBS
These don't fall into the easy category for when you are eligible to participate. CBS is a bonafide whale and more appropriate in the MAW thread.
Speaking of badges on untappd, if anyone has any good Louisiana beers, I would love one. Had some abita beers for the bayou badge, and abita sucks.
Well, I wouldn't say they suck (well, Jockamo sucks IMO, but...), but they are in it to appeal to the masses, so their Select series (draft only) is the only thing I bother with from them. That being said, message me when you get back what you're interested in, and we can work a $4$.

I think Hopslam is acceptable. It is usually easy to come by in the northern states (MI, WI, MN (outside MSP) and ND).

I can still go buy it. Although the hops have dropped and it drinks like a strong pale with honey.

Totally fair. Hopslam is no longer here and sells out in minutes but I wasn't sure.
Indytruk's box should be hitting today. I hope.

List bump:

Dang... Thought this was granted. Just left the left coast, could have granted a bunch of this list.

Ughhh. If I wasn't harvesting the conan out of the few heady I just got I'd grab this. The generosity here in unreal. Great hookups

^ I thought they no longer packaged with Conan? Or did the guy who told me that get it wrong?
IndyTruk has a box on his porch as of last night.

Yeah I've heard that too but the couple times I used it in the past year it's been different than any other yeast I've used.

Bump.

Additions + list bump.

Russian River - Fresh Blind Pig or PTE
3F - Artic Panzer Wolf, Dreadnaught
Spiteful Brewing - Any
Cigar City - Invasion Pale Ale, Humidor Series IPA, Maduro Brown Ale, Tocobaga Red Ale
Funky Buddha - Any
Miami Brewing Company - Big Rod Coconut, Gator Tail, Shark Bait, Vice IPA
The Alchemist - Any
Lawson's Finest Liquids - Any
Alesmith - XPA
Alaskan Brewing - HopThermia
Coronado Brewing - Any IPA/DIPA
Terrapin - Hi-5
Surly - IPA/DIPA/Coffee Bender
Ninkasi - IPA/DIPA
Half Acre - Any except Daisy Cutter
Against The Grain - Citra Ass Down
Toppling Goliath - IPA/DIPA
Left Hand - Homefront IPA
Drake's - IPA/DIPA
Great Divide - Espresso Yeti
Maine Beer Co. - Lunch, Dinner (Maybe?)

I can get almost anything Ninkasi and I know I can get yeti or espresso yeti but I don't remember which one was sold out .....

I can get almost anything Ninkasi and I know I can get yeti or espresso yeti but I don't remember which one was sold out .....

Regular Yeti is year round.... espresso is seasonal... if I remember right, I usually see it around February or March.

They were both on the shelf two weeks ago but only one was a couple of days ago when I was back in

Sooooo granted? I need a new list. I haven't had any on the past 3 lists.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

I can't guarantee that it's the espresso yeti that I can get otherwise I would say yeah, but the list is specific on that one

Got a killer box yesterday from hello. Super excited about the Wicked Weed and Hanssens!!! Thank you so much! Will be drinking.some of the hoppy stuff tonight!

ypP1YLd.jpg

Back