Craft Beer Bottle Caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebluewaffle

Reaction score
Hey guys, summers fast approaching so that means I will be doing a little more entertaining. I want to build a table for the man cave that is covered in bottle caps. As many of you are, I too frown upon "that fizzy yellow stuff", so I am trying to collect as many craft beer bottle caps as possible. I have about 300 as of now that I have been saving for awhile.

Does anyone have a decent amount of bottle caps they would be willing to part with? Lets work out a deal, maybe I can send you sixer of some home brew to try out for your troubles? I also have a couple Nugget Nectars left that I may be willing to trade too.

Let me know!

thebluewaffle said:
Hey guys, summers fast approaching so that means I will be doing a little more entertaining. I want to build a table for the man cave that is covered in bottle caps. As many of you are, I too frown upon "that fizzy yellow stuff", so I am trying to collect as many craft beer bottle caps as possible. I have about 300 as of now that I have been saving for awhile.

Does anyone have a decent amount of bottle caps they would be willing to part with? Lets work out a deal, maybe I can send you sixer of some home brew to try out for your troubles? I also have a couple Nugget Nectars left that I may be willing to trade too.

Let me know!

Where are you at? I drink quite a bit craft beer while waiting for my homebrews to age.

How do you get the caps off without bending them? I like this idea and might start collecting them myself.

D_Nyholm said:
How do you get the caps off without bending them? I like this idea and might start collecting them myself.

Put a quarter on top of the cap when you open it. It'll keep the cap from bending

I don't unfortunately as I'm doing the same thing. I plan on adding my collection to some log bar stools (under epoxy). I would guess I have 100+, but am busy collecting up more. I shoulda kept duplicates for you, then we could trade extras. Mainly Midwestern craft and micro brews for me.

BTW, if you use the bottle opener end of one of these, there is barely any bend put into the cap (you have to look very close).

2321219-954124-corkscrew-wine-opener-on-white-vector-illustration.jpg

I have several openers that work well. I might have some caps if I start collecting again. I have been throwing them out lately until I find a good craft project to use them for.

Might sew them onto my guitar strap though...

Great Idea.

Me and my buddies are making an american flag out of Red White and Blue Bottle caps from all american owned and operated breweries.

It's called project red white and brew.

65344047.jpg

98658877.jpg

That flag is going to be incredible when you guys finish it.

So if anyone has any caps they would want to trade for or send my way just pm me.

Thanks.

A few of the local brew pubs have voiced an interest in displaying it for a few months each when we complete it.

bradjoiner said:
a lighter will take those caps off without bending

But it will bend the little side ripples pretty badly.

I tried the quarter trick last night and got a nice clean cap off. Pried from 2 locations to not mess up the sides.

fishsniffer, have you finished your flag yet? I started collect caps at the beginning of the year and based on your design calculated how many caps of each color I will need. What are the dimensions of the flag? It looks like it's nearly 8x3! Did you find that a row of caps is the same length as that number of caps times the width of one cap or does it expand a little when they're lined up?

I replied to you via PM. We have been slowly working on this project. We found that the caps weren't uniform but we came up with a solution. We bought a bench capper and a used a Dogfish Head brewery bottle. We then lightly capped them onto the bottle and used a "wine key" to lightly pry them off.

This gave us uniform caps. I'll post pics soon of our almost completed project.

Let me know!

I guess you plan to cover the caps in resin. I'd do a test or two to make sure the heat of the resin setting doesn't destroy the paint of the caps.

BTW that's a great idea and I may try something like that myself.

Latest posts

Back