Cost of 240v 30a outlet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
h22lude,

The dagram best suited for a dryer outlet is this one:
power-panel-6.jpg

(Note: A dryer outlet is hot-hot & neutral)

Neutral feeds into the Spa Panel and ground is independently developed within the panel. Anyway, it's my way of thinking through a complex electrical issue.

Hey, I spent 60 years studying and working with electical components and devices and as a Service Manager for years in New York City. (Blame that one on IBM Corp. NO.!!! They were great for me and MY life.!!) I can easily say that as I'm retarded now. (?? Hmmm.. Retired ????)

Wishing you the very best. If I can help you in your mission, Please let me know.

P-J

EDIT:
Another thought for you: If you do not need the neutral in your setup just don't wire it on the output side of the Spa Panel. No problem.

Thanks P-J. You are a great asset to this community. A lot of us would be using propane without you...

That is exactly what I did. My dryer is 3 prong (HHN) which I wired the same as the above diagram. I put in the neutral bus to ground bus wire. My controller is 240V with 3 wired (HHG) so I wired the two hots off the breaker and the ground from the ground bus. I left the neutral on the breaker empty.

Thanks P-J. You are a great asset to this community. A lot of us would be using propane without you...

That is exactly what I did. My dryer is 3 prong (HHN) which I wired the same as the above diagram. I put in the neutral bus to ground bus wire. My controller is 240V with 3 wired (HHG) so I wired the two hots off the breaker and the ground from the ground bus. I left the neutral on the breaker empty.

Absolutely awesome.!
Your response and understanding makes this very old man happy with you and your success in your adventure.

Thank You.!
THANK YOU !!!!!

P-J

Totally off topic PJ, but I wouldn't be happily brewing away in my basement without your help and diagrams. My diagram was a bit complicated but you stuck with me, for which I'm eternally grateful!

You guys could start using camping boxes they come with a 50,30, and120 volt plugs

This is 240V 30A.

Gfci the breaker and your set for everything

That is one solution however 1) I wanted it portable 2) it is cheaper going the spa panel route (not sure why but 50A gfci spa panel is cheaper than 30A gfci breaker) 3) I use the outlet for my dryer still and dryers can trip gfci (so I've read).

This is 240V 30A.

(not sure why but 50A gfci spa panel is cheaper than 30A gfci breaker) 3).
Supply and demand.
The issue here is most of us think pricing has more to do with manufacturing costs and in todays economy that's just not the case.
In my profession I often see parts that cost under $50 to make marked up in the hundreds and even thousands price range.

Back