DIY Braumeister outlet and cord installation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweatequitybrewing

Reaction score
Hey all, purchased a 2015 Braumeister recently and want to get it up and running. Im attempting to do the electrical work myself but im lacking a bit of knowledge.

The machine is 3200w and 230V. I’ve got a spare 240v breaker spot in my electrical box. Would simply just buying a 240v/20a outlet and plug to match be what’s needed here?

Cutting the European plug off the cord that came with it exposes 3 wires, Brown (phase), blue (neutral), and yellow/green (ground). Would I just wire this to the 240 plug as ground to ground, phase to a phase and then use the neutral wire as the 2nd phase?

Would I just wire this to the 240 plug as ground to ground, phase to a phase and then use the neutral wire as the 2nd phase?
Yes.

You should also insure that the breaker you add to the panel is a GFCI breaker. A plain breaker protects the wires, but the GFCI protects YOU.

Brew on :mug:

I bought a heavy 50-foot 120V cord, making sure it was happy with the Braumeister's draw, and put my own ends on it. If it doesn't get hot, it's the right size.

Latest posts

Back