Continuously getting kegs just stopping pouring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsearle

Reaction score
I've been kegging for 6 months or so and I love everything about it, except I keep getting similar issues recently where when I go to pour a pint. I pull the handle and nothing happens, no beer comes out. The keg is half full so I know that's not the issue, & there's definitely gas going into the keg as I've cranked it up to 20 psi or so just to make sure it wasn't empty? I've tried pushing gas in the out post to clear any dip tube blockage and I can hear it bubbling so it's clear and the out post works. If I disconnect the line from the faucet it's still doesn't come out of the line. Could it be an issue with with my disconnect or something? It's really frustrating as I just want a pint haha!
Thanks

I just started having this same issue and have tried the same things. Nothing is working for me. When I used Co2 to push starsan through the beer lines and dip tube it work great. Filled with beer worked great for a few days after carbing but now nothing. I've replaced the quick connect to no avail as well.:confused:

Hops or something solid is clogging up the dip tube, likely. When this happens it's usually in the area of the poppet valve in the liquid post where it clogs up. Depressurize the keg and pull the liquid post first, and if not there, pull the dip tube. Once you get it re-pressurize and purge. Not ideal, but likely the only thing yo can do.

If you are dry hopping in the keg, I'd highly recommend doing it in a bag and pulling the bag out at the end.

EDIT: Frozen line? heh didn't even think of that one. Certainly possible.

I'm going to hijack this dudes thread...sorry... with my issue I think ya'll might be right about the dry hopping. I checked for frozen lines. I tried blowing some Co2 through the beer side as well trying to unclog anything. I have about 3 Oz of whole cone dry hops in a bag in there. Could be they are still causing a problem but I don't see it. I think it's a clog because my line will fill up with beer slowly and re pressurize but when I pull the handle it reduces to nothing but a bit of foam. I'll try relieving pressure and pulling the poppet. Thanks

If you guys are using keezers I bet the bottom 4 inches of your kegs are frozen. I had it happen once. Thawed it out, recarbed, tasted great.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I just went to have a beer with a mate and again no luck with the beer I wanted. I pulled on another tap I thought to have ran out and it poured a few last pints before kicking :)! But still the beer I want (and the beer I wrote this post about) won't pour?! Is it possible that one is frozen and the other fine (the one that won't pour is a much lower abv)?!

Thanks for all the replies guys. I just went to have a beer with a mate and again no luck with the beer I wanted. I pulled on another tap I thought to have ran out and it poured a few last pints before kicking :)! But still the beer I want (and the beer I wrote this post about) won't pour?! Is it possible that one is frozen and the other fine (the one that won't pour is a much lower abv)?!

measure the temp on the outside of the keg and see

I have had one of my lines freeze while the others did not, so yeah you can freeze a single line and not the others. Easy to tell though, squeeze the crap out of the line, it should give a little and you should see the liquid in the line move. If not, frozen. I have to route my lines a certain way to keep them from freezing...

swap the lines, take out the dip tube, shake the keg, try to narrow the clog down.

I've had mine freeze. My kegerator only has coils in the back. Sometimes the lines will rest against the back and a spot will freeze. I've since been better at coiling up the lines and securing them away from the back. I'd like to add a recirc fan as well, but that is another project. There isn't much room in there for something to bump with a keg.

I posted this in pretty much a thread asking the exact same question:
99% of the time, this is caused by a bit of frozen beer in the line
99% of the time, leaving the door open for 10min or so instantly fixes it
yet 99% of the time, I am convinced my tiptube is clogged

Have the same issue last night...its pretty frustrating. I can get a few ounces out then it just stops. I don't think its frozen but I am going to try the open door trick m00ps just suggested and see.

I posted this in pretty much a thread asking the exact same question:
99% of the time, this is caused by a bit of frozen beer in the line
99% of the time, leaving the door open for 10min or so instantly fixes it
yet 99% of the time, I am convinced my tiptube is clogged

Ha fair enough I'll give the open doors trick a blast!

Latest posts

Back