Connection to brew kettle valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizgig

Reaction score
I bought a kettle with a kettlevalve 1/2" like so
a20792a137e2a6398b9290_m.JPG

I am a bit confused as to what hardware I need exactly to get the wort into the fermenter, I see I can get a 1/2 barb to screw into it and hook a 1/2" ID tube to it, but I don't think I want a barb sticking out all the time. I could get a quick disconnect, but I'm looking at them and I'm not sure if they are selling each side separately or what is going on, they either don't look like they would screw into it or don't have a hose connection.

Any suggestions or pointers appreciated, I may be looking at the wrong gear entirely or the wrong tube sizes.

That looks good and thanks for the quick response, I'd like to buy from you but it's $9.90 shipping, ouch.

That looks good and thanks for the quick response, I'd like to buy from you but it's $9.90 shipping, ouch.

If you want it, we'll put it in a padded envelope and send it USPS. Shouldn't be more than a buck or two. Send me a message if you're interested and I'll hook you up.

I would not go with a 3/8 inch hosebarb especially if you ever want to use a pump. I would use a 1/2 npt by 5/8 inch hosebarb with 1/2 inch silicone tubing. You can use a pump and an additional bonus of faster flow. I believe brewhardware or brewershardware has these.

Back