Computer geek? please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Reaction score
I been doing a head count of the bit's I have about the house, mine and those my son left when he moved out and I'd like to do something with them.
Got any suggestions?

Storage

2 x 1T USB3 drive
1 x 360Meg USB2 drive
1 x Bufflo Nas 500meg
1 x Your Book 1T NAS

Dev Boards

2 x Raspberry Pi 2
1 x Arduino

Stuff.

1 x Keyboard
1 x Bluetooth Keyboard
Ethernet switch
a couple of wireless routers
Flat Monitor with VGA connector
VGA to HDMI adaptor

The obvious way to use most of it would be a server or NAS but I don't actually need one, well maybe a media server, I abandoned a file server years ago.

thanks aamcle

Thank Gents.

I don't keg, but I may use one of the Pi's to control the fermentation fridge.

aamcle

If you have a lot of video files, use the NAS as a Plex server if it supports it. I have my own NAS setup as a Plex server and it's wonderful. As for the Raspberry Pi, there are unlimited things you can do with it. You don't even have to be overly techie to use them as someone out there has already done it and documented it. I've got 3 Pi's and all or doing completely different things. One is running Raspberry Pints as @bwarbiany suggested, 1 is a Octoprint server for my 3d printer, and the 3rd is setup as RetroPie in my bartop arcade cabinet.

Latest posts

Back