Community Beer Co. Mosaic IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smfish

Reaction score
Anybody done a successful clone? Haven't seen any posts online of one and this beer is so good. I did a mosaic single hop ipa but the grain bill was all off and the hop was unidimensional compared to Community's (they have said they use other hops but no hints as to what, I suspect at least some Simcoe in there though).

My wife thinks they changed the recipe recently. Either that or he tastes have changed.

I tried, but it wasn't close. Still delicious though. I got the malt bill pretty close, but you're right, there's a resinous, piny hop note there that I didn't hit.

And yeah, I think they changed the recipe, though the 2 bottles I picked up were a month old, I should get my hands on a fresh sixer, for science.

And yeah, I think they changed the recipe, though the 2 bottles I picked up were a month old, I should get my hands on a fresh sixer, for science.

Oh great. When I tell my wife that someone else agrees with her about the taste she's going to get really smug. :)

I've had a few different 6 packs of it recently and one wasn't good. I think some of the variation has to do with freshness because the last one I just finished off was exactly what I remember it being >1 year ago.

Back